Facelift (Facelift) Sound settings resetting frequently (B&O)

Oh damn lol. I've only had it a week. Hopefully mine stays the same! How do I check what software mine is?

Menu > Settings > MMI wheel to the left > System Maintenance > Version Information

This is mine...

Attachments

• IMG_9586.PNG
    IMG_9586.PNG
    498.1 KB · Views: 589
Yep B&O non tech pack. Picked up last week!

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
Built July/Aug 17, Software version 0148 non tech. The car goes in next Friday for oil change. They have been told and will be reminded when I drop it off about the issue with settings being lost. I'll check the software has been updated when I collect the car before leaving the dealers.

This is mine a MY17 B&O non tech pack with the same issues
IMG 2241

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is mine, it’s a MY18, picked up 3 weeks ago.. different version again
57e062b3eb5920f18218d0dcc07d3caf.jpg

This is mine, it’s a MY18, picked up 3 weeks ago.. different version again
57e062b3eb5920f18218d0dcc07d3caf.jpg

My car was in at the dealer last month for sound system issues re setting themselves and I was told there was no update available and that basically it is what it is!! I don't have the elusive sub woofer control either( but that's another story)!!

looks to be a new version.

are you B+O non tech?
My car was in at the dealer last month for sound system issues re setting themselves and I was told there was no update available and that basically it is what it is!! I don't have the elusive sub woofer control either( but that's another story)!!

My sound settings are fine, just be nice to know what the "current" version of the MMI software is so we know if we are out of date or not.

Only thing I have noticed is Audi Connect needs logging into each time, that doesn't seem right to me?? Bit of a faff to keep logging in if that is the case.

My sound settings are fine, just be nice to know what the "current" version of the MMI software is so we know if we are out of date or not.

Only thing I have noticed is Audi Connect needs logging into each time, that doesn't seem right to me?? Bit of a faff to keep logging in if that is the case.

Audi Connect is fine. No need to log in each time. Logged in the first time back in March when I picked up the car and has been ok since. The MMI versions on here are random to say the least. Can't remember if I have seen 2 the same

It’s not fixed! FML :notworking:

What an f'ing joke!

For what it's worth I have to log into Audi Connect every time too!

I didn't used to have to, but ever since the 3 months free ran out and the dealer gave me a complimentary 12 months this has been the case. I use it for storing destinations in the "my contacts" primarily, which used to just start the query as soon as I select it. Now it gives me an option and I have to scroll down to my name as a profile before I can then begin - frustrating!

Reactions: The Kendragon
Built July/Aug 17, Software version 0148 non tech. The car goes in next Friday for oil change. They have been told and will be reminded when I drop it off about the issue with settings being lost. I'll check the software has been updated when I collect the car before leaving the dealers.

The car has been in today. Tech phoned me at home to discuss a couple of other defects and told me that Audi are aware of this bass/treble/surround resetting issue but no update/fix is available at the moment. The Service receptionist told me when I picked the car up that they will contact me as soon as the update is available.

Ahh that good old excuse. If you check the other 2 threads about this issue, you'd see they've been saying that for a while. Someone actually had a part number for an SD card to update and fix it but not sure if it did.

I have been trying to escalate this through Audi UK which has drawn a complete blank as to any proposed fix or timescale. They basically say "it is what it is" and there is nothing that can be done until a fix is released. I might add, at no point have Audi UK been apologetic, i detected an air of irritation with the last rep i dealt with.

The info i have so far is that its a known problem which was first reported in December 2016, it is currently with B&O and there is no estimated date for a fix. I have a screenshot showing the issue which ive added below.

I'm starting to lose patience with this now, if i bought a sound system for home and it acted this way - i would have returned it. Whilst i appreciate its a small part of the car, its frustrating that every time i get in the car the first thing i do is check phone, satnav volumes and then check the sound settings. I know Audi are nott going to replace cars and i wouldnt expect them to, but at very least an apology or some gesture of good will in the meantime would help. Its a shame really as a few months ago i would have sung Audi UKs praise, now i doubt id buy another with how ive (and all of us affected) have been treated.

As others have stated, i find is appalling that Audi have continued to sell the system (in my case pushed the system) knowing its faulty.

I do think a collective complaint may help, particularly if its directed to some senior management figure. How about it?

Connection offline

Technical product information

Transaction No.: 2046371/1

MIB2 Scale: sound settings lost

Release date: 23-Dec-2016

Customer statement / workshop findings

The customer complains that the sound settings (e.g. treble, bass, 3D sound) are lost after a bus silence.

Technical background

Software issue

Production change

Open

Measure

The sound settings are saved for each source. Please explain to the customer not to compare the radio sound settings with the media settings.

If the complaint only occurs in the same source, postpone the repair. We will inform here when new information is available.

Warranty accounting instructions

A parts replacement or repairs do not fix the problem. Groundlessly replaced parts will be redebited.

Parts information

Replacing control units / components because of this complaint does not fix the problem.

Attachments

• audi probs.png
    audi probs.png
    180.4 KB · Views: 499
Basically it is the same info I got both from the dealership I bought the car from and my local Audi dealer. It is a known problem. From what the local dealer told me this could either be a hardware or software issue. No remedy has still be found and there are no definite timelines to have this fixed.

How can they say they can't find a fix when it clearly is fixed in the latest cars? Look at what components / software are different in the newer cars which don't have the problem and there's your fix right there! Maybe I'm missing something?

It's very annoying. I had an A6 Avant for a day and it had the standard Audi Sound System. Didn't sound much different to the B&O on my S3 with the same settings, then I started changing the subwoofer control (which I don't have on my S3) and it made a noticeable difference. So annoying that other cars that are essentially the exact same as mine have the subwoofer control but mine doesn't. In the end it is a very minor issue for Audi and I've stopped caring about it ever since I decided to change to an RS3 Saloon next year.

Ahh that good old excuse. If you check the other 2 threads about this issue, you'd see they've been saying that for a while. Someone actually had a part number for an SD card to update and fix it but not sure if it did.
It was me who got the SD card and it’s fixed the resetting issue however it’s brought up new issues which I will explain at the end in another thread.

This is total ********! There is a software fix for the sound system resetting itself as I’m running with a test software version at the moment. I basically kicked off with my local Audi dealer and said I wanted something done about it as the fault had been around since dec 2016. As far as I know it was escalated within Audi uk possibly to the uk business manager. I kept on at my dealer going into them and making sure I was speaking about it in the showroom. I was told they didn’t know when they would have a fix and I was the only one who seemed to have the issue. I explained that I very much doubted that and how customers could be happy with the factory sound settings.

Within a few weeks I cannot remember how long now I was contacted by my dealer and told they had an SD card to update my car. But as soon as the update was done the SD card had to go back to Audi technical.

What are my new issues? The * button never used to default to anything before. Now it defaults to drive select which actually suits me. The issue? Doesn’t always work.
I think the quality of the sound is affected as I cannot get the songs to sound the same as they used to.

I need to email my dealer with these issues so they can update Audi technical. But you need to push your dealers to escalate this issue as it can be fixed.

This is total ********! There is a software fix for the sound system resetting itself as I’m running with a test software version at the moment. I basically kicked off with my local Audi dealer and said I wanted something done about it as the fault had been around since dec 2016. As far as I know it was escalated within Audi uk possibly to the uk business manager. I kept on at my dealer going into them and making sure I was speaking about it in the showroom. I was told they didn’t know when they would have a fix and I was the only one who seemed to have the issue. I explained that I very much doubted that and how customers could be happy with the factory sound settings.

Within a few weeks I cannot remember how long now I was contacted by my dealer and told they had an SD card to update my car. But as soon as the update was done the SD card had to go back to Audi technical.

What are my new issues? The * button never used to default to anything before. Now it defaults to drive select which actually suits me. The issue? Doesn’t always work.
I think the quality of the sound is affected as I cannot get the songs to sound the same as they used to.

I need to email my dealer with these issues so they can update Audi technical. But you need to push your dealers to escalate this issue as it can be fixed.
My * button would randomly stop working and I would have to set it up again as if I’m using it for the first time! Happened every few weeks. On a MY17 s3

Yeah I doubt the * button issue is from the SD card. It happens with all FL cars from what I've seen, I never use it myself.

Little odd, the * button thing - I also get it occasionally. I have found best 'solution' is to hold the * button until it brings up the option selector, and then flick between two options with the MMI wheel (down one, back up one) and then all is good again.
#farfromperfect

Reactions: TYb
Yeah I doubt the * button issue is from the SD card. It happens with all FL cars from what I've seen, I never use it myself.
This was a new issues e after the software update.......

This was a new issues e after the software update.......

Could just be that you didn't realise it before the update. All of us have the issue without the update so I can't see why the update would cause it.

hello,
I have just found this forum today and I'm dumbstruck !!
I have been banging my head against a brick wall since jan '17 , about the volume settings resetting themselves.
my dealer told me in the summer that they had a fix (took hour and half), but came back exactly the same.
have tried going through audi uk, but they are next to useless.
I am now waiting for the dealer to get back in touch, I'm not holding my breath !!

I have b+o and non tech pack

have checked car and mmi is version 0192.

Afraid you would certainly be wise to not hold your breath!

I’ve given up on this completely now sadly!

I received a courtesy call in Jan as my car was a year old, I mentioned the MMI issue so they asked me to bring the car in, they have updated the software which has added the subwoofer control and (so far) appears to have stopped the resetting...

Reactions: gringosteve and Lehn
I received a courtesy call in Jan as my car was a year old, I mentioned the MMI issue so they asked me to bring the car in, they have updated the software which has added the subwoofer control and (so far) appears to have stopped the resetting...

Nice 1! Good to know there is an update available, when I take the car in!! What software version do you have now? Cheers

Did you have the sub woofer control before, because I have never had that. ??

Nice 1! Good to know there is an update available, when I take the car in!! What software version do you have now? Cheers

Attachments

• 20180225_134801-1508x787.jpg
    20180225_134801-1508x787.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 470
Reactions: Reggieboy71
Did you have the sub woofer control before, because I have never had that. ??
No i didn't have it before, I can really crank the bass up now, I was previously disappointed in the B&O sub but it turns out it was just the software.

Mines in for a service soon so will keep this info handy and hopefully get mine updated

I have late 2017 s3 with B&O, only had it a couple of weeks and noticed the settings had reset..... along with the little * button on the wheel.

Steven87, is everything still working ok ??
Got mine booked in for Friday, got fingers and toes crossed !!

Steven87, is everything still working ok ??
Got mine booked in for Friday, got fingers and toes crossed !!

Yup, 2 weeks down the line and still behaving.

I'm still in the habit of turning the volume up as I make a phone so I keep blasting my ears!