1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift sline rear bumper on pre facelift?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Danny Scott, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Danny Scott

Danny Scott Member

Sorry if this has been asked before guys.

I have a 2004 A3 (The split grill pre facelift version) and want to put an s line rear bumper on, just wondering if it is a straight swap?

Thanks
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Welcome to the site 1st Danny.

The whole bumper or just the top or bottom?

If its whole & 3dr, then yeah take old one of & new one should go on ok as same fixings, make sure exhaust lines up ok, but if its a dual tip then should be fine as they match up afaik
  3. Danny Scott

Danny Scott Member

The whole bumper mate as I wasnt aware it was in 2 bits?

I have the twin exhaust so thats ok. Thanks for your reply mate. How easy is it to take off?
  4. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

I think all 3 door rears fit all years, just make sure you get both bits to match and if you have a 1.6, make sure you get the valance with the single hole, all other models have the same double exhaust pipe.
  5. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Sportback or 3 door? pm sent.
  6. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

They never did a split grille sportback!
  7. Mick a3

Mick a3 Mellow Yellow

I just purchased the sline lower part for me 2003, I'm aware its just a straight swap?
  8. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Its not a straight swap, requires some modifying to get it to stay in place, I used cable ties, stanley knife & a shed load of effort, lol, some trimming of plastic needed but will go on
  9. Danny Scott

Danny Scott Member

Is that for the whole thing you mean mate of just the lower valance? Dont wanna buy an s line bumper and have to start chopping it around to fit
  10. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Sline valance onto an sline upper bumper part is not a problem, straight on as they're meant to go together.

Sline valance onto a sport upper bumper part is when you have to modify the valance fixing, but I've done so its not impossible & it wasnt a reall ball breaker, just time, effort & patients & its been on for months now no problems, looks oem to.
  11. Danny Scott

Danny Scott Member

Thanks very much mate, I will keep my eye out for a complete rear s line bumper on ebay. Will have to modify to fit the parking sensors but im sure thats easy enough
  12. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Depends on what parking sensor kit you fit, I modded the oem kit onto the bumper using some A6 sensor brackets, 21mm holecutter, superglue & epoxy, looks perfect (when its painted) or could use the cheaper £20 kits that run of reverse wire, wont fit a6 brackets, but sure you're capable of fixing them in place, but hey I'm a stickler for oem kit.
  13. Danny Scott

Danny Scott Member

Yea I will more than likely take the sensors out of my current bumper and use them in the new one. Also how do you remove the rear and front bumpers?