Facelift Facelift S3 saloon ibis white Turbo Technics V4

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
As above really ive sold my RS4 B7 and ordered a facelift S3 saloon in riviera blue.
I had to have an exclusive colour as i always said if i bought new i would go all out colour wise.

Heres the spec.
Riviera blue
Pan roof
Tech pack advanced
Virtual cockpit
Full black leather
B&O sound system
Extra airbags in the back (wife and baby mainly using this one)
19s
Led upgrade with upgrade indicators (cant remember the exact name)
Also a Manual as i just cant go S tronic just yet

As far as Audi say its on the boat so im hoping to update in a couple of weeks :)

I cant leave anything alone so its booked in with unicorn motor development in november for some tuning.

Unfortunately black optics isnt available so it will be going straight to my company Project Customs in Leeds for a full paint correction (not being prepped by Audi) and the black optics upgrade.

Ill keep you in the loop and im looking forward to new and different things

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peter Metcalf, Audi Bairn, daytonamart and 13 others
Looks like a great car!
How did you manage to get an exclusive colour on a FL S3 in the UK??!?

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv, S3 Turbo and 2 others
Looks like a great car!
To be honest mate i just requested the colour when ordering, was a £2500 upgrade but i just needed it in my life. I made the build online and they added the colour when ordering. I thought it would take atleast 6 months but was shocked when i got a build date this year and its 3 weeks ahead of schedule

Reactions: Dan_G, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 4 others
@Craig Cull
Wow Craig. Nice spec/fantastic colour. Can't wait to see it. I know you will put pics up when it arrives. Enjoy :) x

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 4 others
Yeah agree this one sounds a beaut.................looking forward to the piccies!! :yes:

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Love that colour, but Audi are taking the **** with the price of paint! 2.5k is just ridiculous. I know what you mean by wanting the prefect colour but.....

Hope it's here soon for you to enjoy.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, pburv and 4 others
Very nice equipment spec and best luck with the car!

With the tune and manual combo, you need to be prepared on possible clutch upgrade ahead... But small investment relatively... :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, pburv and 2 others
Hi everyone,
As above really ive sold my RS4 B7 and ordered a facelift S3 saloon in riviera blue.
I had to have an exclusive colour as i always said if i bought new i would go all out colour wise.

Heres the spec.
Riviera blue
Pan roof
Tech pack advanced
Virtual cockpit
Full black leather
B&O sound system
Extra airbags in the back (wife and baby mainly using this one)
19s
Led upgrade with upgrade indicators (cant remember the exact name)
Also a Manual as i just cant go S tronic just yet

As far as Audi say its on the boat so im hoping to update in a couple of weeks :)

I cant leave anything alone so its booked in with unicorn motor development in november for some tuning.

Unfortunately black optics isnt available so it will be going straight to my company Project Customs in Leeds for a full paint correction (not being prepped by Audi) and the black optics upgrade.

Ill keep you in the loop and im looking forward to new and different things

@Craig Cull - Great spec & just love that colour !

One of ASN's Australian members has a pre FL S3 saloon in riviera blue

Bain_S3_2.JPG

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Simon L and 6 others
@Craig Cull
Wow Craig. Nice spec/fantastic colour. Can't wait to see it. I know you will put pics up when it arrives. Enjoy :) x
You know me sandra, cant resist posting a few pics :)
I dont think ill be pushing it as far the big turbo A4 B7 though lol! Im gonna try and be sensible this time

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Rob2k68, Simon L and 2 others
Love that colour, but Audi are taking the **** with the price of paint! 2.5k is just ridiculous. I know what you mean by wanting the prefect colour but.....

Hope it's here soon for you to enjoy.
It is abit steep for the colour really mate, especially when i could paint one riviera blue myself for alot less but i wanted it to be out of the factory for resale value.
I saved £1500 by choosing manual so really im not too much out of pocket. The rarety should hopefully keep it up there value wise. Viper green was also an option

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and 4 others
Very nice equipment spec and best luck with the car!

With the tune and manual combo, you need to be prepared on possible clutch upgrade ahead... But small investment relatively... :)
Ive got Aks Tuning who will supply me a good uprated clutch, but im going to test the stock clutch and see how it gets on. Im not expecting it to last lol

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Rob2k68 and pburv
@Craig Cull - Great spec & just love that colour !

One of ASN's Australian members has a pre FL S3 saloon in riviera blue

Bain_S3_2.JPG
Ive seen this one on google! Iove it! Is there anymore that you are aware of? :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg and pburv
Looks like a great car!

Hey Speedster....sorry to say this but you always could order a exclusive Job....on the face lift.....l'll get my coat and leave now....

As for the OP....Congrats on yer new car...but l tend to think Riviera...looks better on a Hatchback....Saloons look better in dark metallics

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and pburv
To be honest mate i just requested the colour when ordering, was a £2500 upgrade but i just needed it in my life. I made the build online and they added the colour when ordering. I thought it would take atleast 6 months but was shocked when i got a build date this year and its 3 weeks ahead of schedule

So they upped the price £425 bangers jeezus....they probably had a few on order that colour hence you got it quicker.....

Good choice I love it.

Took this just before I was about to commit murder
IMG 2638

Reactions: A3_Rider, gamegenie, Audi Bairn and 10 others
Looks different as the light changes

IMG 2312

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and 4 others
You know me sandra, cant resist posting a few pics :)
I dont think ill be pushing it as far the big turbo A4 B7 though lol! Im gonna try and be sensible this time

Craig, you and I both know that you will end up doing other things to the car. Looking forward to seeing it. :) xx

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg, pburv and 1 other person
Looks different as the light changes

View attachment 105402
Thats beautiful! Where are you based? I passed one whilst leaving vw festival in august, ive had a few pics sent. They are definitely few and far between

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Scottyg
Near Bolton. Where was festival?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Reactions: Scottyg, Audi Bairn, S3 Turbo and 4 others
Harewood house harrogate

Was probably me I was over that way for a week or so in august. It needs the pan roof with the colour to break it up a bit or it's just to much blue, the roof rails help too.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and Craig Cull
Hey Speedster....sorry to say this but you always could order a exclusive Job....on the face lift.....l'll get my coat and leave now....

As for the OP....Congrats on yer new car...but l tend to think Riviera...looks better on a Hatchback....Saloons look better in dark metallics
To be fair I've learnt a few things ordering my car so next time I'll proceed differently lol
Having said that £2.5k extra on an exclusive paint was never going to happen so no regret but I'm just surprised at Audi's way of doing business.
Unless I'm mistaken this is the first one with exclusive paint (mentionned on this forum) that is not the consequence of a favour from Audi because a previous PFL order was messed up.

To be fair I've learnt a few things ordering my car so next time I'll proceed differently lol
Having said that £2.5k extra on an exclusive paint was never going to happen so no regret but I'm just surprised at Audi's way of doing business.
Unless I'm mistaken this is the first one with exclusive paint (mentionned on this forum) that is not the consequence of a favour from Audi because a previous PFL order was messed up.
In all honesty i got a massive deposit contribution as well so it made it worth it. I ordered it in july but havent announced it because i was having a hard time selling the RS4. Can finally get excited about it now lol. It is alot for an exclusive colour to be fair. I did think twice. Especially when misano red was £550 or white was foc.

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog, Simon L and 2 others
In all honesty i got a massive deposit contribution as well so it made it worth it. I ordered it in july but havent announced it because i was having a hard time selling the RS4. Can finally get excited about it now lol. It is alot for an exclusive colour to be fair. I did think twice. Especially when misano red was £550 or white was foc.

Misano Red would be an exclusive colour on the facelift.

What the whole facelift crapola has teached me is "do not order a car that has just been released" because the options are not set in stone yet, the dealers know jack or convey the incorrect information, no real idea how the available colours would look like on the car because well, you can't see any on the road lol, you can't see any of the new models in a showroom for a long time... and by then an early order is probably locked so you're stuck with your initial choice.
Not that I would have ordered anything different 6 months later (super happy with mine!) but for example not picking up an exclusive colour would have been my choice (most likely due to the cost) not because a dealer told me it's not available... because he didn't know or couldn't care to go the extra mile to enquire...

Off my soap box now lol

Your car will be very unique with that colour! Fair play mate :rock:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, S3 Turbo and 6 others
Misano Red would be an exclusive colour on the facelift.

What the whole facelift crapola has teached me is "do not order a car that has just been released" because the options are not set in stone yet, the dealers know jack or convey the incorrect information, no real idea how the available colours would look like on the car because well, you can't see any on the road lol, you can't see any of the new models in a showroom for a long time... and by then an early order is probably locked so you're stuck with your initial choice.
Not that I would have ordered anything different 6 months later (super happy with mine!) but for example not picking up an exclusive colour would have been my choice (most likely due to the cost) not because a dealer told me it's not available... because he didn't know or couldn't care to go the extra mile to enquire...

Off my soap box now lol

Your car will be very unique with that colour! Fair play mate :rock:

Venting yer spleen Speedy?? ..............................and relax!! lol

Totally agree with you though, big advantage ordering after the model you want has been out a while, can see exactly what your gonna get and the options are all fixed etc Difficult with exclusive colours though as there's so few around, only other thing you can do is ask if the dealer has it on another model. My local is a tiny dealership but they usually have a fair few customer orders in the car park at the back that you can have a poke around at!! ;)

2.5k is frankly rediculous though as a lot of others, including the OP, have said and I'd have to be totally in love with it to bark up that sort of cash............would really like to for the exclusivity though :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Jassyo06, S3 Turbo, Rob2k68 and 4 others
These are interesting comments from the frog and the Mexican. I have ordered an S3 in Ara Blue, ....N/A in the UK....I was going to go with Sepang Blue but it was cancelled for 2017 and replaced with Ara. I remember seeing R8's in this colour, but all I have to go on now is pictures which are all over the map on the real thing. I am sure I will be happy with the colour, but seeing it in person on the same car is the best evaluation.
Note, I have had white on my 2 last cars and wanted to go back to my favourite colour, blue. The reason I went on white before was that dark blue/black colours are a pain to keep clean and looking their best.

Last edited:
Reactions: S3 Turbo, Rob2k68, pburv and 3 others
The more and more I see that colour the more and more I want it in my life. I think it even may of overtaken Floret as my favourite!

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, Craig Cull and 2 others
Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, S3 Turbo and 2 others
Riviera blue...nice... looks like smurfblue :) But I like it

Reactions: oaf, TDI-line, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Quick update, its arrived in the uk!! so i should hopefully have it next week. The RS4 was collected yesterday so its pretty much down to the wire.
I also went on Audi's build configurator and the Black Edition is now available, which comes with black optics, pan roof and red brake calipers with the S3 logo. This wasnt available when i ordered.
Ive checked my order and it says Audi S3 saloon black edition, im praying to god that this is true as i just need the black optics as the chrome just kills it for me.
Fingers crossed as this is the exact spec i wanted and it means i dont have the painstaking job of painting everything! One way or another i should have some pics for you real soon

Reactions: pburv, S3 Turbo, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Hi Craig, like with yours my Order Status says 'Black Edition' although this wasn't an option when I ordered mine - looking at the build data file though it states black edition but it still says aluminium window surrounds :(

Reactions: pburv and Craig Cull
Hi Craig, like with yours my Order Status says 'Black Edition' although this wasn't an option when I ordered mine - looking at the build data file though it states black edition but it still says aluminium window surrounds :(

......you can always wrap em, it's not that big a deal

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
This picture on the build configurator shows it with black window surrounds and to be fair every other black edition/black optics comes with the window surrounds as well, my RS4 was the same
31f91e651b37b1afdf55bd59280fc415.jpg

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Im hopefully that its just false info lol!

Ok so the riviera blue s3 turned up in ibis white.... so your probably thinking what both me and Audi was thinking... WTF!!!

Ive seen the paperwork and to be fair to the dealership they did everything they should have done.

They offered me a brand new spec'd up A3 saloon until another riviera blue one arrived but i couldnt wait. So i asked to see the white one and i fell in love!
I love it in white so i believe fate played a big part in this purchase.
Not to mention Audi dropping £4k from my deposit so it was a no brainer.
The spec is still the same so has the tech pack advanced with the virtual cockpit, i havent got a clue how to use it as i have just been driving it. It goes well but i have to be honest i need more. I may take it to rick @ unicorn developments but for warranty reasons i may have to use revo with the sps switch and go to rick when i install a turbo technics hybrid or tte525r. I think this way i can get round any issues which may arise.

So anyway, here she is

f24331bee19fc8fb90f803377d7cdfeb.jpg

ae51308d10387ffeaf3031513bd391e7.jpg

24b06105d740c11d9d1046446295b8e9.jpg

Reactions: AB04DAB, dbm, TDI-line and 16 others
Ok so the riviera blue s3 turned up in ibis white.... so your probably thinking what both me and Audi was thinking... WTF!!!

Ive seen the paperwork and to be fair to the dealership they did everything they should have done.

They offered me a brand new spec'd up A3 saloon until another riviera blue one arrived but i couldnt wait. So i asked to see the white one and i fell in love!
I love it in white so i believe fate played a big part in this purchase.
Not to mention Audi dropping £4k from my deposit so it was a no brainer.
The spec is still the same so has the tech pack advanced with the virtual cockpit, i havent got a clue how to use it as i have just been driving it. It goes well but i have to be honest i need more. I may take it to rick @ unicorn developments but for warranty reasons i may have to use revo with the sps switch and go to rick when i install a turbo technics hybrid or tte525r. I think this way i can get round any issues which may arise.

So anyway, here she is

f24331bee19fc8fb90f803377d7cdfeb.jpg

ae51308d10387ffeaf3031513bd391e7.jpg

24b06105d740c11d9d1046446295b8e9.jpg

Looks awesome, in my honest opinion with introduction of Ara blue crystal, it would have busted yer Riviera Blue onions as it looks far nicer..... And its far cheaper

Reactions: pburv, S3 Turbo, Rob2k68 and 5 others