Facelift S3 front Retrofit

i think thats the best way to get the xenon led headlights.so is the rear bumper on the 8p2 a straigt swap also? i lik,e the 8p2 s3 rear valance too... still waiting for someone whos actually done a 8p2 to 8p3 front end conversion

so is the list that benskin07 gave the final list of parts that will definatly be required? have you recorded your work? i have the same name for vagoc if you could send me the link on there if possible?dont know how these forums work...been waiting on this forum for a link.the link above obviously is for the main page...

that link goes directly to the thread just make sure youre logged in before you click it, its found in the members rides section, theres a coupla other parts but that is the bulk parts ive still to draw up everything

cheers mate looking forward to looking at ur work and getting the full part list

thanks for the help

finally found the thread....so the new headlights on phil? any pics?

8p2 s3 rear valance fit 8p2 s line bumper?

personally id avoid it as i know that the setting up of the car t get it looking oem is a lot more hours than is viable to provide as a service for sale, anyone fancy an update?

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

more here ;)

VAGOC.co.uk | VAGOC.co.uk

To be fair he has done a few now so shud have the hang of it

Has anybody used or rang the guy advertising a3 conversions on ebay? It seems too good to be true that he will fully respray the car add the 2008-10 bumpers, headlights etc and do the leectrics for 1500? if people use him and left feedback on ebay it would create more trust with him, but that hasnt happened. He has a few conversions for sale, you hear stories and always think twice

please advise

Has anybody used or rang the guy advertising a3 conversions on ebay? It seems too good to be true that he will fully respray the car add the 2008-10 bumpers, headlights etc and do the leectrics for 1500? if people use him and left feedback on ebay it would create more trust with him, but that hasnt happened. He has a few conversions for sale, you hear stories and always think twice

please advise

Cheapo job if you ask me! The parts will cost 2k plus so your looking at 4k in total.

please advise

obv not paying attention. You provide the parts. He just fits and sprays. For £1500 that's fairly realistic

Last edited:
Cheapo job if you ask me! The parts will cost 2k plus so your looking at 4k in total.

good assessment. Maldon car body who did pregnantNproud's Suzuka full body respray quoted me just under £4k for the front end conversion with Xenon LEDs, including the wing mirrors but assuming the front wings could be modded to fit the new front end including retrofitting headlamp washers

does anybody know if a pre face lift centre grill will fit a facelift front bumper? and if a face lift s3 or black edition rear botton valance will fit a pre facelift s line or standard bumpers???

does anybody know if a pre face lift centre grill will fit a facelift front bumper? and if a face lift s3 or black edition rear botton valance will fit a pre facelift s line or standard bumpers???

no the grille won't fit

yes the facelift rear valance will fit the prefacelift S-Line, but not the standard.

you need the facelift bumper for the black edition valance. budget £75 for a new bumper, and maybe £100ish for painting and fitting. that's what i've been quoted from an Audi Approved sprayer anyway

so which rear valance will fit the pre face lift bumper? not the black edition? so s3 valance?so i will need a face lift bumper to put the black edition valance will it have to the s line or can it be the any from the facelift range?

thanks in advance

it has to be any of the facelift range but not the s3

just to confirm lights are running 100% now no errors

yes, youd need the new front panel too though!, and all the fixings and the crashbar

i didnt need it but i wanted to have everything fitting like new, didnt want to trim down the foam insert athat mounts behind the grill in teh bumper

yea i will be also doing it on a 5 door.other than bumper(grills included), wings ,bonnet,side mirrors,headlights what else is needed? can the same wings and bonnet be used with modifications?

no, they are too slim it couldnt work or look right, you need the front panel headlight brackets new washer jets door modules of at least revision m facelift door cards if you dont intend on rewiring your existing door cards lots of little fittings etc that you will have to order new.

im geussing you intend on running the led lights?, if so what configuratiion of lights do you currently have?

if so what configuratiion of lights do you currently have?

what do you mean phil??I am not a expert with cars..sorry thats why am on here. i believe it has halogen bulbs if that helps and is a 2.0 diesal se 54plate

well post a picture of what lights you want on your car because it gets a lot more involved if you have to do a xenon conversion too

youll need levelling sensors and a new central electrics unit a rewire and a recode not a job id want to take on the bodywork is bad enough

i didnt need it but i wanted to have everything fitting like new, didnt want to trim down the foam insert athat mounts behind the grill in teh bumper

I was actually in the process of buying a new crash bar myself but the garage assured me it was not needed and showed me how much was to be trimmed off. It does not impact or compromise on safety. Foam insert was untouched too.

youll need levelling sensors and a new central electrics unit a rewire and a recode not a job id want to take on the bodywork is bad enough

If I din't have factory fitted Xenon's I don't think I'd have done my facelift. If you want to do it and in addition to what Phil has mentioned, you need another larger washer bottle and probably a pump as well, hose, new bumper with headlight washers cutouts, headlight washers and caps etc probably looking at 1.5k+ just for parts without labour and excludes LED headlights, wiring etc etc...

so dean what else will i need definatly as my car is does not have xenons fitted. are the headligh washers. why a bigger bottle and pump??

so dean what else will i need definatly as my car is does not have xenons fitted. are the headligh washers. why a bigger bottle and pump??

Can of worms this and will cost ££££ but can be done.

You'll need leveling sensors on all four axles to start with + wiring, (You don't have to but to be legal it is a requirement in addition to headlight washers) hence bumper compatible with headight washers)

Larger bottle due to additional water consumption of headlight washers, hose and pump is for the high pressure headlight washers.

New high end Central Electrics module to accomodate coding of the LED Xenons.

Facelift LED Headlights

And to fit these lights you need facelift lock carrier, bumper, wings, bonnet and LED indicator mirrors(+ door modules) at the minimum.

So in other words the key to your facelift centres around the LED headlights.

I'm sure someone will be along to add to the above or correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes it's vicious cycle!

Or, you could use the facelift non-LED headlights, a lot easier but probably not what you're looking for...

Good luck (and a fat wallet) is all I can say!

its an sline bumper not a black edition therefore no slots for headlight washers as they probably werent specced

Unless they changed the size for the facelift, the bottles are the same size. The only difference is one lacks the extra hole though the outline of it is marked. Both Nigel and I just used a dremmel to cut out the hole.