1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift Rears - Hows many Fog lights

Ian W Feb 20, 2010

1. Ian W

Ian W Active Member

How many fogs do facelifts have at the rear ?

Just upgraded my rear clusters and realised that I only had 1 fog on mine.

2. JS1500

JS1500 Howdy

I think mine only has one.

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

They only have one in the UK AFAIK...

<tuffty/>

4. Ian W

Ian W Active Member

Ok, cheers :)

5. Imteyaz

Imteyaz 6th Gear

I wonder how difficult it would be to wire in the other fog light? I'm sick of travelling behind fools who forget to switch them off / use them when not required and an opportunity to overtake and then giving them a taste of their own medicine would be handy...

6. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

Oh, really? Good to know! I was fretting about how to change what I presumed was a blown bulb in my passenger side cluster as I only have one fog light, but wondered why there was no warning symbol!

7. Ian W

Ian W Active Member

From what I can see the fitment is there for the bulb in the holder and there is just a blanking plate in the cluster itself.

Can't see it being hard to put one in.

8. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

I think you do need to run a wire to the holder.

I was told the reason why cars only have 1 fog is to avoid people mistaking them for brake lights or to make brake lights easier to see when the fogs are on. That's less of a problem now cars have a high-level brake light.

9. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

Not helped by the 100,000 cars around my area that only have one brake light!!