Facelift questions

ianysm

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just sold my E46 M3 and looking a for a nice low miles facelift S3 in Grey or Silver. A couple of questions though:

Evo mag suggest there were some suspension tweaks later on. Did these come in at the same time as the 225 engine and what are they?

Just a case of finding one now. Quite excited. Keen on a remap immediately and fast road geometry with decent tyres

Also, was considering some replica 18" RS4's too. Any recommendation where to buy from?

Thanks for your help
Ian

Not heard of any suspension changes with the facelift. Also remember that there are some early facelifts with the 210bhp engine (like mine) - they are the same when remapped but on an X plate means lower tax rates as pre 1st March 01.

RS4 reps - get them off eBay. You should get a set for £500.

i would'nt go for the reps if i were you i had some of them on mine when i 1st brought my s3 and they are very heavey and also one of my wheels cracked thats why i have since changed them, go for genuine one if there what you want, i think all the suspension teeks on the s3 are aftermarket but worth doing,

I read in a review that there were in deed some suspension tweeks with the later cars - it did not mention at what point the changes came in - safe to say a facelift 225 would have the changes but to be honest they wont be as good as aftermarket improvements that can be made.

RS4 reps - I think they are heavy but I've had some on a previous golf and bought the S3 with them - they have been fine, no problems - they are the bright finish as well that looks loads better than the standard audi finish imo

Cheers for the info. How do you know if they're fakes or not if they are already on a car i'm looking at? I think they are genuine audi options though

my fakes were multi hole drilled the standard wheels should only be drilled out for the car they fit so pop off the centre cap to see, im unsure of any other way of telling

Cheers for the info. How do you know if they're fakes or not if they are already on a car i'm looking at? I think they are genuine audi options though

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but just pop off the wheel centrecap and have a look for an audi badge embossed around the hub of the wheel.