1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift part fitment help

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by M88JCP, May 16, 2010.

1. M88JCP

M88JCP Member

Hi everyone

I know there been loads of threads on facelifting cars but i can't find what i need to know, hopefully somebody can help.
    I have managed to get the ESP, airbag off light, hazard switch, blank and card holder from an 09 facelift car, i have had my old parts out and the new bits fit great and work with the existing wiring.

However the chrome surround i have bought sits too far in and the new buttons stick our to far: looks silly to be honest!!! I have had a look and the clips on the new surround are shorter than my old surround, can somebody tell me it i am using the wrong surround and there is an alternative part available to elimate this problem?

I believe the part number i am using at the moment ends is K.

Thanks in advance for your help

On the flip side i now have a complete set of switches with the surround and card holder from a double DIN cage is anybody needs a set for a single double DIN conversion, PM me.

#1 M88JCP, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. robby

robby Member

I was looking to do this swap - so the wires from the old switches plug straight into the new ones? what is the chrome surround? any pics?

4. M88JCP

M88JCP Member

Hi Robby

Yes all the new switches plugged striaght into the original wiring, I can't get the picture i have to attach not sure what i'm doing wrong but I mean the surrund that goes around the switches with the chrome strip on the bottom if that helps?