1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift owners with DRL's, headlight question

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Sem, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Sem

Sem Member

My car is 10 months old and i've noticed the inside of the headlight lenses have a few water spots on them (I have xenons with DRL's). The headlights have misted up occasionally when i've driven in heavy rain which I think has caused the marks.

I know headlights are not a sealed unit, they all have ventilation holes in them.

Have any other facelift owners noticed the same? Do you think this would be a valid warranty claim?
  2. ST09

ST09 ``!!$al ---

Hi Sem,

Sorry to hear .. After reading your post i checked my car's headlight unit and they are perfectly fine .. No water spots .. I myself drove in heavy rain yesterday down to manchester on M62 .. Will keep an eye and check headlights everyday i suppose .

Sal
  3. mhill

mhill Member

Got the same light set up though no problems here, know VAG have had problems with headlight misting on a lot of the Seat range.
  4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I would very much doubt that Audi would consider any warranty claim on the headlights because there is the following phrase in the Owner's Manual...

In cool or damp weather, the inside of the headlights and turn signal or rear lights sometimes mist up, due to the temperature difference between the interior and exterior of the car. They should clear again partially or completely soon after you switch on the headlights. This phenomenon has no influence on the life expectancy of the vehicle lights.
  5. Sem

Sem Member

Thanks Dave, the manual doesn't mention the headlights may also get permanently stained though, you can't clean the inside of the lenses! Maybe mine are misting up more than normal?

I think i'll pop over to the dealer on Friday and get them to take a look.
  6. dipstic

dipstic Member

Had mine changed under warranty due to to condensation/misting stains on the inside
  7. Sem

Sem Member

Excellent news, any chance you could PM me your vehicle details just in case Audi refuse, I could then refer them back to your case.

Cheers.