Facelift Facelift & MY18 S3? & thoughts!

S32B

Reaction score
Hmmm what to do, I visited Shrewsbury Audi today with the intentions of ordering a new A5 coupe S-line 2.0 petrol with a few options on it!

So I'm sitting there with all my discount figures and my monthly PCP quote etc. showing that it would cost slightly less than my S3 per month. But then he came back with his A5 PCP quotes, they were showing it to be more than what I'm paying for my current S3! So quizzing this we went on the Audi configurator that I'd used and I was right, my figures were lower than the S3. He agreed it was strange and went off to see the finance guy, he came back and the reason = 7 days ago on the 21st they had put the price up by £675 and they'd also changed the GFV :( so the website is out of date! Unfortunately there aren't even any extras on the A5 MY18 cars to make the price increase a better pill to swallow :( I felt gutted for the sake of a week. So the A5 is now over £20 more per month than my S3.

So with the above in mind I asked about the A3/S3, their price had stayed the same! But the MY18 models now come with rear sensors as standard and couple of other small things and on the S3 Audi beam. So he can do me another S3 with the same/better spec than I have now for £8 per month than I'm currently paying, and on a 36 month deal rather than my current 48 month deal. All it would cost to change would be switching cars and £1000 cash from me, not bad considering I'm 24 months into a 48 month deal!

So two questions:

1) Would I notice/what are the exact changes on the latest S3 over a March 2015 one?
2) Would you go for another S3 or something else?

Thought appreciated ;)

Personally the S3 is a cracking car, and you know what your getting, with a few more standard toys too, and they are fairly rarer.

The A5, looks nice, with the right spec and wheels, but before you know it, there be plenty on the road, and not so exclusive.

Just look at the current A5 and how many BE versions you see, normally in Daytona too.

Reactions: Jassyo06
In the other thread they said the MY18 prices went up by £400 for A3/S3, I've noticed it on some broker sites too.

I wouldn't Class the S3 as exclusive, I see them all the time, and appear to be driven by the wrong looking people.

Push for the 5 better car for the money

****** hell Shrewsbury.....Cheshire oaks price that bad buddy
Long story mate, but yeah they took the p**s. Three days after giving me my first px quote and new car price (which I was happy with) they then knocked the px down by £1,100 and then put the price of the new car up by £1,644!!! So total extra cost in a matter of days went up by £2,744.

I told them I wanted a white, 2.0 petrol A5 and they came back the next day asking if a diesel would be OK "No". Then on day 2 asking if a Scuba blue one would be OK....they are idiots mate, don't want anything to do with them from now on.

I'd been to VW in Wrexham to look at this, I went to Wrexham as the VW dealers near me are also Inchcape :(

(Didn't have a 3 door one)
IMG 4462

From Wrexham the closest Audi (non inchcape) was Shrewsberry, and the drive is great ;);) It was very quiet coming back so I had a nice blast, got the feel for the quattro and power back :) :)

Took all the quiet roads, well worth a drive, some lovely properties that way:

Route

Just been looking at various config tools, some show the A3 with rear sensors as standard some don't!

In the other thread they said the MY18 prices went up by £400 for A3/S3, I've noticed it on some broker sites too.
He told me that the A3 range never moved on price recently as it went up in January!

Long story mate, but yeah they took the p**s. Three days after giving me my first px quote and new car price (which I was happy with) they then knocked the px down by £1,100 and then put the price of the new car up by £1,644!!! So total extra cost in a matter of days went up by £2,744.

I told them I wanted a white, 2.0 petrol A5 and they came back the next day asking if a diesel would be OK "No". Then on day 2 asking if a Scuba blue one would be OK....they are idiots mate, don't want anything to do with them from now on.

I'd been to VW in Wrexham to look at this, I went to Wrexham as the VW dealers near me are also Inchcape :(

(Didn't have a 3 door one)
View attachment 124077

From Wrexham the closest Audi (non inchcape) was Shrewsberry, and the drive is great ;);) It was very quiet coming back so I had a nice blast, got the feel for the quattro and power back :) :)

Took all the quiet roads, well worth a drive, some lovely properties that way:

View attachment 124081

Just been looking at various config tools, some show the A3 with rear sensors as standard some don't!
Can't believe they have gone from being amazing to useless in past 12 months since nigel left...not good buddy

Can't believe they have gone from being amazing to useless in past 12 months since nigel left...not good buddy
Not good at all, same with the service department as well. I ended up going to 'Unit20' in Neston http://www.unit20.com/, way cheaper and they are great guys. Saved £140 on Cheshire oaks price for my year 2 service. They are on Facebook and have very good reviews from people all over the country who travel for them to do work!!!

Would you notice the changes over a March 2015 S3........?

Yes to that question given you change paint colour and spec the seats in a different colour etc plus adding a couple of nice extras that your current hasn't got.

What else is out there? All the usual suspects that pop up in threads on here

For me lt will be another S3/RS3 end of

Reactions: Djs3saloon and Tom.H
I had a wee sneaky look at a BMW today lol just looking trust me... They had a stunning M2 in the showroom in long Beach blue with a few exterior carbon bits and bobs sales guy told me it was fully loaded anyway l ask how much..... Blah de blah...on a 4 year pcp £8k deposit it was £900 a month ***....... No discount available on this car that's ****** amazing.... Can't get my head around this

Reactions: MattSedg and Djs3saloon
I had a wee sneaky look at a BMW today lol just looking trust me... They had a stunning M2 in the showroom in long Beach blue with a few exterior carbon bits and bobs sales guy told me it was fully loaded anyway l ask how much..... Blah de blah...on a 4 year pcp £8k deposit it was £900 a month ***....... No discount available on this car that's ****** amazing.... Can't get my head around this
If the dials weren't so old looking I'd be tempted just for the sound! http://www.petervardybmw.co.uk/cars/2-series/2-series-coupe/m240i/m240i-coupé/m240i-coupe/

I just went into my local Audi Dealer (Leicester Audi) and they told me that the delivery times for S model cars have been extended from 8-12 weeks to up to 6 months. I don't think I can wait that long, one of the brokers I talked to said they were looking at a September delivery time too. The salesmen was pretty bad anyway, told me I couldn't test drive a car unless I was for sure going to make a deal today. Outright said he couldn't match Carwow offers but can try and get close, but carwow for me had worse discounts than other brokers. Guess I'll have to look into an ex-demo car and try getting some discount of them.

I just went into my local Audi Dealer (Leicester Audi) and they told me that the delivery times for S model cars have been extended from 8-12 weeks to up to 6 months. I don't think I can wait that long, one of the brokers I talked to said they were looking at a September delivery time too. The salesmen was pretty bad anyway, told me I couldn't test drive a car unless I was for sure going to make a deal today. Outright said he couldn't match Carwow offers but can try and get close, but carwow for me had worse discounts than other brokers. Guess I'll have to look into an ex-demo car and try getting some discount of them.
Should have told him you'd have made a deal if he came back with the right figures lol

Should have told him you'd have made a deal if he came back with the right figures lol

Well I found an ex demo that has everything I want. I'll try this with them, do you think you can get a good discount off ex-demo cars?

Reactions: azibux1
Well I found an ex demo that has everything I want. I'll try this with them, do you think you can get a good discount off ex-demo cars?

Knowing from first hand experience if it is just a Demonstrator with really low mileage around 3k miles...Yes,but if its been a sales persons car with 7k miles and above no.....they dont treat them well

Reactions: azibux1

Your right mate ***!

Could keep £7k in your pocket and get this for £899 instead lol
2580801c3f722c0890c4509396f2be5e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jassy would know as his son used to work in audi sales. But I think it might all be about timing with buying an ex demo? As he says got to choose one with good mileage... But also I think they are forced to sell it after X mileage / X time... So if they've already replaced it with another demonstrator then you may be in a better bargaining position as they probably want to shift the old one on a bit more?

Knowing from first hand experience if it is just a Demonstrator with really low mileage around 3k miles...Yes,but if its been a sales persons car with 7k miles and above no.....they dont treat them well

Its got 4,000 miles, registered in October 2016. Do you know what kind of discount I can get? The salesmen asked me to come in tomorrow, maybe he has end of month target to hit.