1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

facelift model

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by qennu, Apr 1, 2009.

1. qennu

qennu Member

[Apr 1, 2009]
    Hi anyone can tell me the difference between a 1996-02 model and the facelift from 02-03 ?I was told only the front and rear headlamps where changed,and the facelift model was available in 5 doors as well.

Is that true ?

so if I buy an a3 1998 model and change the front and rear headlamps it will basically be the same as a 2001 audi ?

I am asking as I found one locally in very good condition but its 1998 and I dont like the front headlamps at all.cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

[Apr 1, 2009]
    You sure can facelift the older version of the A3, its something I'm going to be doing fairly soon. There's a bit of modification required on the front wings so the facelift headlights fit but its nothing major.

Do a search on here and you'll find all the info you need.

T
  4. qennu

qennu Member

[Apr 1, 2009]
    cheers for the reply mate.new to this site so just exploring at the moment :)
  5. Essflee

Essflee Well-Known Member

[Apr 2, 2009]
    Changing the headlamps/ rear lights will help make it look like a face lift, though the centre console was also updated on the face lifts to and looks more modern...not sure what model A3 your afte, if it's a 1.8t then the turbos are also different, the face lift has the Ko3s turbo which is better also...
  6. qennu

qennu Member

[Apr 2, 2009]
    thanks for the info leggy.I heard that there were some modifcations to the interior but didnt know what changes they done.You're an expert :).

I am after a turbo diesel one.Does anyone know how do I find if its 130 bhp or not ?

From what I see the golf for example 130 bhp have tdi - di in red and 150 bhp tdi all in red.are the audis the same ?Thanks
  7. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

[Apr 2, 2009]
    nope i have owned a 99 A3 and a 2002 S3.... differences are rear boot handle is electronic,brake pedal switch, entire centre console including part running between seats, front seats, roof handles, front/rear lights, alloys, window tints dif colour i think? interior vents to name but a few, in essence it wouldnt be difficult to make it look like a facelift with the lights, however there are quite a number of things that are redesigned on facelifts, theres loads more ive missed!!
  8. Whorpheus

Whorpheus Member

[Apr 2, 2009]
    I bellieve its just the red I that shows its a 130 model. And was introduced 2001- (i.e Facelift) i think.....