facelift lumbar switch on sports seats

205man

Reaction score
is it possbile to remove the lumbar support switch/button from the seats .....easily?

my drivers one doesnt always respond when you press it and my gfriend doesnt like how i have it set so changes it, but then when i try to reset for me it takes ages to get it to work if at all.

was going to swap it with the passenger one or repair it as im sure i could sort something.

just wondered has anyone took one out if so how etc?

cheers alan

lol guess no one has had to atempt this then.....i may have a prod around and see if i can see how the switch comes out ..lolas long as the air bag doesnt join it

you will have to strip the seat.
pull it out first then you bag wont be involved.

the side panels have a strange press fit stud that expands to hold the side on. difficult to see as they are flush with the side panel. use a flat head screw driver to push them out slightly from behind the panel then pull the protruding bit out with pliers making sure you dont squash them.

rear panel with mesh pocket pulls off at the base and hooks into the top of the rear of the seat back. remove white cover to expose lumbar mechanism.

once you have done that I would refit (well plug back in) multi test the switch and motor when engaged and see what is up. my guess is if it goes one way or is intermittent that it is a faulty connection somewhere. 100,000 ***** sitting on it will knacker things eventually