facelift light on pre-facelift A3?

S3_Pricey

Reaction score
hey guys, i have seen a set of facelift headlights for sale at a very reasonable price on German e-bay. It doesnt say weather they are for a LHD or RHD car. So i am wondering what problems would there be in fitting LHD lights to my RHD car?:think:

As far as I know the way that LHD headlights are set up differs from RHD, so whilst you may be able to fit them the same what you would find is that the beam of light would shine at a different angle to the way they would if they were set up for RHD, which may not make tto much difference to you, but would be possibly more of a problem for on coming traffic.

However I am being completely open to being told I am completely wrong. But that would be my insight into it.

yeh, I have had a close look at some LHD light and it seems to me the only thing that is different between those and RHD lights is the piece of metal that obscures the dipped beam to produce the angle of light. Presumably it would not be too hard to get this piece flipped round. I really do not know too much about lights tho, so i could be compleatly wrong. i suppose if the lights become a problem for oncoming traffic or MOT I could use the headlight stickers you get when driving in europe