Facelift LED rear lights wiring

johnnevett

Reaction score
Hi all,
I ready to start installing my facelift rear LED lights to replace the standard halogen
The part numbers for the lights I have are:
8k5 945 093 AC
8k5 945 094 AC
8k5 945 095 AC
8k5 945 096 AC.
Does anybody have a wiring diagram for the facelift connections and what plugs and pins are needed.

I have found a thread for the A5 connections but unsure if they are the same.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106316530/Rückleuchten Halogen -zu- FL LED.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,

Just done this mod last week :) just bought an adapter from Germany and hey presto..

I can get you the wiring diagrams but not on my PC with ELSAWIN at the moment.

Alternatively if you search Motor-Talk.de I know there is a long thread on there for facelift LED retrofits. You will also need coding with VCDS. Again I can help with that. If you do not bother with the coding (as some do) the lights do not function properly.

I can get you the wiring diagrams but not on my PC with ELSAWIN at the moment.

Alternatively if you search Motor-Talk.de I know there is a long thread on there for facelift LED retrofits. You will also need coding with VCDS. Again I can help with that. If you do not bother with the coding (as some do) the lights do not function properly.
Hi mate.
Yeah that would be great.
I looked through a lot of threads on there and all seem to use slightly different part numbers for plugs and connectors. And even the coding is different in each thread.

Hi,

Just done this mod last week :) just bought an adapter from Germany and hey presto..
Did you go from halogen to facelift led? What coding did you use? Do you have a link to the adaptor or part numbers off the plugs

I have retrofitted pre-facelift LEDs to a Halogen Saloon and the job is very similar to facelift. It only gets difficult when your retro-fitting to an Estate as the CEM may need replacing if its not a recent version.

Some of the part numbers on Motor-Talk.de are the same parts just from a different VAG platform (eg. Skoda) so be aware of that.

There is an OEM Audi adaptor but it comes as part of the pre-facelift LED kit (£650!) and cannot be ordered seperately. I can't remember if pre-facelift and facelift LEDs are the same connectors off the top of my head but will tell you the correct part numbers tonight once I've checked ETKA.

Turns out pre-facelift LED and facelift LEDs are not the same connectors.

The connectors you require for the adapters are:

2x 8R0 973 705 Facelift LED Inner
2x 3B0 972 732 Pre-Facelift Halogen Inner
2x 4H0 973 713 Facelift LED Outer
2x 1J0 973 803 Pre-Facelift Halogen Outer

Then you will have to work out the correct repair wires required. I don't have time to do this tonight unfortunately.

Reactions: Audigit

Then you will have to work out the correct repair wires required. I don't have time to do this tonight unfortunately.
Thanks for the info mate. I'll have a google and see if I can find the right wires.

PM me your email address and I will send you the wiring diagrams.

Did you go from halogen to facelift led? What coding did you use? Do you have a link to the adaptor or part numbers off the plugs

Hi john,
Apologies for the late reply.
So went from halogen to facelift LEDs.
Give me one sec and will try and find the link again.

So here's the link.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A4-S...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27e8f1ded7

Probably your best bet is to buy the adapter then it's just plug and play with coding.

I got Jbm retrofits to do the coding and fitting as I am not too clued up with this stuff.

This mod totally transforms the look of the car and we'll worth doing :)

Big shout out to Jonathan at Jbm knew what he was doing and was really helpfull.
I thought an extra wire was needed to link the brake light from the inner light to the outer light. That adaptor doesn't show any? Do you get the full function like this;

Oh are you referring to the latest led retro-fit as in the video? As mine are off a 59-12 plate

Yeah mate. Mine are from the facelift. Had to get the new boot lid
Cheers

Drop him a pm and I'm sure he will be more than happy to help..

Last edited:

Been looking at etka today and looking for the pins for the plugs above for the led lights. decided to just replace the existing plugs rather than make an adaptor.
so, for connector 8R0 973 605- Black 5 pin
the pins etka list:
000 979 025 E counterpart to 000 979 009 E
000 979 012 EA
000 979 165 E
for connector 4H0 973 713 C- 6 pin Green
the pins etka list:
000 979 025 E
000 979 025 EA
000 979 025 EC
000 979 025 FA
000 979 150 E
000 979 150 EA
000 979 150 EC
000 979 255 E
Can anybody help on which pins are needed and how many of each
do the letters represent the latest version of the pin?
Thanks

The different P/N's are different gauges of wire and also different quality of contact (gold plated etc)

No offence but I think this job is beyond you. Get someone else to do it.

The different P/N's are different gauges of wire and also different quality of contact (gold plated etc)

No offence but I think this job is beyond you. Get someone else to do it.
Thanks but I've managed to successfully retrofit xenons, hill hold assist, footwell lights, glove box light, cruise control.
I just need to get the right parts and a bit of help on the wiring diagrams.

Hi! I just used almost 4 hours to change my '09 Avant halogen lights to facelift Leds using this adapter http://www.ebay.com/itm/261686243329

I have manual from kufatec how everything should be done and everything went perfectly until i started to coding them and i'm not sure do i have right codes (I got them from a guy who has pre-fl leds). Only the stripe light work, when i use turn light > the stripe flashes, when i push break > stripe lights brighter, fog light doesn't work at all :(

Does someone know what have gone wrong and does anyone know the right codes for 09 Avant to 13 Avant lights? Thanks!