1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift Headlight Conversion

shawshankuk Dec 18, 2006

1. shawshankuk

shawshankuk Glu Kru

Hi all, Im pretty new here so please, if this has come up before - dont nag me. Just think Dae Jaaa Vooo

Anyway,

I've got a 1.8t 1999 but want to fit the facelift headlights but the (Wait for it) Angel eye ones see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-8L-Angel-Eyes-Headlights-brand-FK_W0QQitemZ190064130865QQihZ009QQcategoryZ23009QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190064130865

I understand its not just a straight swap. Is there a forum out there that gives details on how to fit these bad boys? i.e. pics etc?
    From what I hear, its best to take the bumper off to do this.

One more thing. Is the wiring the same? Do I need to cut and solder? if so has anyone came up with a diagram/solution or is there a wiring harness that can be bought?

2. A3_Turbo

A3_Turbo Swaying towards IHI....

Ive just done this conversion to mine must say the angel eyes IMO look miles better than any others.

Ive got a silver car with the black angel eyes ets them off nicely, Take the bumper off and they simply plug stright in to your existing connector.

To wire the angels i had to wire them up to the sidelights though, some other brands you may not have to do this.

I paid £130 for my lights, well pleased with them.

Jason

3. shawshankuk

shawshankuk Glu Kru

Hi Jason,

Did you fit the facelift angel eye headlights or the pre facelift ones?

I want to fit the facelift lights to my pre face lift car but understand there is a few mods needed. I just wondered if anyone had info from start to finish on it.

Cheers