1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift Door Sill Protectors

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by madkebab, May 9, 2005.

1. madkebab

madkebab Member

[May 9, 2005]
    Please can someone with a facelift model take a photo of the inside of their doors ( front and rear ) so that I can look at the door sill protectors. On my 96 model I had to rip off the old protectors to make way for my S4 sides. Now I need something to replace them with. I have seen some that have an aluminium 'Audi' written along them, are these the facelift ones? Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 9, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Please can someone with a facelift model take a photo of the inside of their doors ( front and rear ) so that I can look at the door sill protectors. On my 96 model I had to rip off the old protectors to make way for my S4 sides. Now I need something to replace them with. I have seen some that have an aluminium 'Audi' written along them, are these the facelift ones? Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't got any pics, but your description of the aluminium strip with "Audi" written along it sounds like what I have on my facelift A4.

HTH
  4. madkebab

madkebab Member

[May 9, 2005]
    Cheers for confirming that Jeff. I wonder the cost of these is going to be from the stealers???
  5. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 9, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Cheers for confirming that Jeff. I wonder the cost of these is going to be from the stealers???

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea. Tried a breaker first?
  6. madkebab

madkebab Member

[May 9, 2005]
    Not sure if you could take them off without damaging them. If they are anything like the ones I have just removed they will be stuck on using silicone. I had to destroy mine to get them off. Have emailed VAG parts to see what they can sort out.
  7. imported_VaulterTim

imported_VaulterTim Guest

[May 10, 2005]
    I have the same Aluminium strips along the sills of my facelift... one needs replacing soon with the door repair I'm having done so I will dig out my quote and let you know the cost. I think the price was from Audi and not that much from what I remember...

Cheers

T