1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift climate control for pre-facelift A5

J.R. Apr 12, 2014

1. J.R.

J.R. "Started From The Bottom" VCDS Map User

I was wondering if anyone has any info ?

So on the new facelift models, the readout/digits in the climate control screen are white on black, while the pre-facelift is red on red.

Anybody know if this swap is a straight plug & play?

Attached Files:

2. Cuppa

Cuppa Active Member

I don't believe so, I briefly looked into it. You would most likely have to replace some of the other modules, e.g. central convenience/can gateway or similar. If you try it then let me know how you get on.

3. J.R.

I heard on another forum that you can. It's just a case of going to Audi and getting the "Component Protection" off.

4. Cuppa

Cuppa Active Member

Yes, but you asked if it was 'straight plug and play' which it isn't. For me I would have had to replace some other modules. But, if you do it and it really is as simple as removing comp. protection then let us know :)

5. J.R.

What A5 do you have and what year ? And who said you have to change modules ?

6. Cuppa

Cuppa Active Member

2008 S5. Got the info from the guy who rewired my car from a CAN based/Concert/no-NAV system to a MOST based MMI 3G+ Google NAV system. It probably can be done, but it's not just plug and play.