1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

facelift bixenons on nonfacilft S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by A4_DTM, Jan 28, 2009.

1. A4_DTM

A4_DTM Member

[Jan 28, 2009]
    Unfortunately 2 weeks ago my friend smashed my car into standing truck (it was snow on road, great thing is that he did it with only 30kmh) and now I have the oportunity to make the front end in facelift type. Audi mechanic says that they have no option to connect front bixenon headlight to computer (something like that) and that that would be a problem. Anyone knows if it is possible to connect this new facelift lamps to nonfacelift S3 ?

I found that Kufatec has lot of adapters on their site http://www.kufatec.de/shop/index.php/language/de/cat/c48_A3---8P---8PA---Cabrio.html/page/3 . I contacted them over email, hope that they will answer me !
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 28, 2009]
    You mean 09 bixenons to 08 s3?

yes anythings possible but you have to replace the whole front end 1st mate, not same size/shape, its wiring & maybe module upgrades aswell, not plugnplay at all, trust me I did xenon to bixenon adaptive upgrade for my a3 04 which actually is facelifted for the upto 08 front/sides & as a wiring guy it was fun for me can tell yer, lol, but new style would be same or worse.

Kufatec to me are pretty useless at emails & recently looms/parts, but try your luck.

But yes I believe it can be done, the kufatec adapters are for halogen facelift to bixenon facelift, you need to go through elsawin very carefully & knowledge of wiring really helps, follow it through pin to pin, coding aswell.
  4. A4_DTM

A4_DTM Member

[Jan 28, 2009]
    Physically it's no problem at all, everything will be new, it's going on insurance account, just is question do I want facelift or nonfacelift front end.

Problem is this wiring issue and will it work on 08 model.

Do you have kufatec phone number maybe so that I can call them ?
  5. NHN

[Jan 28, 2009]
    dont even bother ringing them, Martin is a ***** on the phone if he ever answers, you speak to cant remember her name begins with M, me & Matt spent ages emailing them about bixenon issues, in end I resolved myself with wiring, module upgrades, elsawin & coding.

New front end is better I'd say, your choice, I'd test the wiring thing 1st see if it can be done, if so then hey why not, whats your vagcom module 09 part number?

& as above that loom is from facelift to facelift fella, have to mod yourself.
  6. A4_DTM

A4_DTM Member

[Jan 28, 2009]
    2 NHN> tnx for help !
  7. NHN

[Jan 28, 2009]
    No worries, [​IMG] far right of your post fella, lol