Facelift announced A3 and S3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so Im lookng on my phone, the new car is now officially announced!!!

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en...r-the-compact-bestseller-the-new-audi-a3-5872

S3 gets a small power hike to 310hp.... So maybe the rs3 will head towards 400hp??

Cant see any mention of the RS3 in the press launch though...

If or when the facelift reaches the RS3, I will need to be convinced about the virtual cockpit option (need to try one really), call me old fashioned, but I quite like the neat dials and the pop up screen in the middle of the dashboard.

A lot of the early press/dealer demo cars seemed to be already running a lot more power than the quoted official output (a number of standard cars have been acheiving in the region of 390 to 400ps on tuners rolling roads) The one I drove at the RS Sport day last year felt as quick as my tuned S4 3.0 Avant running 445ps! However, this year I have had several RS3's on extended 1 day test drives and they were definately not as perky as the previous ones.

Its a brilliant car and I hope to order one (facelift or whatever) very shortly.

Really like the look of that, especially the S3 Sportback in Daytona. Glad it got the VC, just sit back and hope it comes to the RS now as if not I will have to have a re-think, won't consider a used one personally down to how they can be treated and plus in 10-12 months time there will be none anywhere near new on the market.

You'd reconsider buying the rs3 if I'd didn't have virtual cockpit?

I'd have went other way if it had it it would have put me off.

Now I have seen the facelift marketing info I would have to give the VC a chance to see if it is just an annoying piece of technology (by being fiddly to operate and having to scroll through menus and screens). Also have to admit that I am confused that it still has a pop up screen too - for some reason I thought that would no longer be available in conjunction with the VC option?

Anyway, I am still lusting after getting my hands on one of the current models so probably not something I need to worry about just yet.

I'd guess pop up screen for the nav and stuff if you have the dials up on the VC

I tried it in a hired A4, not all that imho and certainly not worth waiting for etc. On the other hand the orange blind spot "warning" was nice to have.

TX.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
I tried it in a hired A4, not all that imho and certainly not worth waiting for etc. On the other hand the orange blind spot "warning" was nice to have.

TX.

I have seen the new A4 version too and have the same opinion. Maybe the VC is something that you have to get use to over a longer period of time OR perhaps its because I am an old duffer (an over 50) and all this new tech is beggining to confuse me! :blink:

I have seen the new A4 version too and have the same opinion. Maybe the VC is something that you have to get use to over a longer period of time OR perhaps its because I am an old duffer (an over 50) and all this new tech is beggining to confuse me! :blink:
Ok so Im lookng on my phone, the new car is now officially announced!!!

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en...r-the-compact-bestseller-the-new-audi-a3-5872

S3 gets a small power hike to 310hp.... So maybe the rs3 will head towards 400hp??

Cant see any mention of the RS3 in the press launch though...

Hi, I'm in Germany, and one of the biggest car magazines here said yesterday that the RS3 facelift will be launched in the autumn with a small power boost (for what it's worth, my guess is 20 or 30 more than now, just enough to equal or slightly exceed the Merc A45 AMG), and the same new options as mentioned in the launch of the A3/S3.
Knowing Audi, I guess that means the first deliveries will happen in the first few months of 2017 at the earliest. I've got a delivery date of June or July on the the RS3 I ordered in December, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit p'd off that it's going to be out of date almost as soon as I take delivery. But I guess its unavoidable these days, especially with Audi.
Exactly the same thing happened a few months after I bought a used TTRS and they brought the TTRS Plus out. Somehow it's a bit more annoyoing when you're buying new though. Still the chances of me coming across one aren't that great. I think I only ever saw a TTRS Plus twice before I sold mine....

I'm struggling to see the differences onbthe exterior other than the front lights?

Sorry I was not very clear with my terms. If the FL does not come to the RS3, I will have to find another option. Whether there is a VC or not, I will have one. I they put the original back on sale, I would want one it's just a case of whether I will be given that opportunity now.. :-(

Sorry I was not very clear with my terms. If the FL does not come to the RS3, I will have to find another option. Whether there is a VC or not, I will have one. I they put the original back on sale, I would want one it's just a case of whether I will be given that opportunity now.. :-(
Got ya now fingers crossed you can get one then how long till your out apprenticeship now?

Got ya now fingers crossed you can get one then how long till your out apprenticeship now?

Yes exactly, which isn't very nice haha. An RS3 is only borderline irresponsible ;-), all the other RS' on offer are likely to be too costly thinking forward of moving out etc etc.

I finish a year in June, but am hoping to take delivery of one March next year, if possible with regards to car availability of course.

Be here before you know it I remember I got out my time nearly a year early. Went straight and bought a brand new Subaru Impreza wrx300 from my 1.2 corsa sxi I was twenty was amazing that was just over 10 years ago.

Was funny turning up to college still one day a week in the new Subaru everyone else was still rocking the old corsa a and fiestas we were not popular lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Be here before you know it I remember I got out my time nearly a year early. Went straight and bought a brand new Subaru Impreza wrx300 from my 1.2 corsa sxi I was twenty was amazing that was just over 10 years ago.

Was funny turning up to college still one day a week in the new Subaru everyone else was still rocking the old corsa a and fiestas we were not popular lol

Yes it is flying around now! What did you train in, if you don't mind me asking?

That's what I'm thinking of, get the RS a few months before I finish college and see what reactions I get ;-) Already get some looks with my S Line SB! :)

Bp apprentice process operations. 10 years in petrochemicals now oil and gas North Sea all worked in nicely.

Bp apprentice process operations. 10 years in petrochemicals now oil and gas North Sea all worked in nicely.

Ooh, on good money then no doubt. There is money to be had in engineering, if you are prepared to travel which I don't really want to do. Only time will tell where I will end up when I am out of my time (working for a company now where not one of the engineers have told me to get the hell out of here when I finish)

Usually the best is to move after your out one you always seen as the boy or such like best move I ever made.
Yea doing not to bad out there and in control room so safe to a degree

Usually the best is to move after your out one you always seen as the boy or such like best move I ever made.
Yea doing not to bad out there and in control room so safe to a degree
Yes I get that, now I'm working on my own a little more I am getting extremely tired of the sarcastic comments "We better call a proper engineer down", not exactly confidence building but part of it haha!

Sounds good, you've done well for yourself!!

Aye part and parcel don't react to it tho soon as they know it bothers you, you've had it lol

Your response should also be if they stuck in at the school they could Mibi have been an engineer lol

Aye part and parcel don't react to it tho soon as they know it bothers you, you've had it lol

Your response should also be if they stuck in at the school they could Mibi have been an engineer lol
Yeah I know, keep a straight face lmao!

That's a good one! Maybe then they could fix it themselves ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.