Facelift RS3?

"I would be bothered if my new car is old version in just 3 months after delivery" [insert trolling smiley] we don't even know for sure that there will be changes to the RS3 and even if there is we don't know what those (minimal) changes might be and even of we did we have no idea when it will arrive! It certainly won't be 3 months away though ...

If you want a RS3 just buy one, if you don't why are you on here annoying owners or future owners?

TX.

Reactions: 45bvtc, thebluefox, Right&Glory and 3 others
I didn't realise this is how forums worked - can't bring myself to join a BM forum to ask why prospective M2 owners don't want a hatch, or Quattro, or five doors. Not because I'd get bored of making the same points repeatedly on different threads (now that would be tiresome) but because they've made their choices for their reasons, amazingly enough, just like the people here have generally decided they love the RS3.

Or they want to discuss some issues and reach their own conclusions. Like a FL not being too much bother because it's a great car, and hey, it's what they want. A3 and RS3 are different, otherwise it would be an A3 RS. So let's just see, and trade for the 400hp FL flying hyper-car as and when that day arrives.

R&G

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Wow that seems so more balanced than your ramblings...

And therein lies why you are here so much...

Lack of RS3 but Focus RS is there... Thought BMW set their sights higher?

Same poll for RS3 here, would show 100% Auto... even if you could choose manual that isn't possible because AUDI know their public.

I know manual can be more involving, but I prefer the s-tronic now Ive driven it a few times... I guess M2 owners will relish the choice of a slower and less economical manual gearbox...

So now the A3 facelift "discussion" has changed to a chassis/gearbox combo discussion.

We know the rear drive manual is the (ahem) enthusiasts choice. That just shouts "I am going to drive like a d@*k everywhere".

Asport you really need to have these inane discussions on the M2 forum. But I guess people are fed up of you there? At least then you can move onto rear tyre wear, how fast second gear can reach and how many times you discovered adrenalin is brown when over-cooking a corner etc etc etc...

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and RGBARGEE
I chose manual for my S3 having had a few Tiptronic/S ironic Audis A7/A5 but I have to say it was disappointing. My wife's manual A3 is fine but was no fan of the S3 manual box. Difficult to know if you were in first or reverse too.

Bet accepted :)

I think facelift will be presented in Geneva in March and will be available to order from April to coincide with the MY17 week 25 production change.
A3 TDI Sportback or RS3 sedan for EEUU could be presented with facelift included too.

My predictions are speculations of course, there is nothing official, but confirmatory statements of someone from AUDI about "next year facelift", they can't tell that info too soon, because it create a lot of uncertainty buyers.

Personally I have no hurry, I have a great car now, and I want to try before a new A45 and M2, and those until later this year will not be available to test.

As expected, december first A3 (sedan) 2016 facelift mule photos.
Geneva presentation coming in just 2 months and 25 days!... is probably too soon?

Exterior: new A4 front and some little details.
Tech will be massively upgraded (MIB-I to MIB-II), and some motor upgrades to versions like S3/RS3 would be nice too.

RS3 new options like ceramic brakes and buckets seats will be finally released with facelift (speculation).

-audi-a3-sedan-facelift-201524665_1.jpg

-audi-a3-sedan-facelift-201524665_12.jpg

Last edited:
As expected, december first A3 (sedan) 2016 facelift mule photos.
Geneva presentation coming in just 2 months and 25 days!... is probably too soon?

Exterior: new A4 front and some little details.
Tech will be massively upgraded (MIB-I to MIB-II), and some motor upgrades to versions like S3/RS3 would be nice too.

RS3 new options like ceramic brakes and buckets seats will be finally released with facelift (speculation).

-audi-a3-sedan-facelift-201524665_1.jpg

-audi-a3-sedan-facelift-201524665_12.jpg

Looks as mild a facelift as I thought it would be. Those roof lights are cool though, very old school...!

Don't know about anyone else...but I'm loving those new Mickey Mouse lights on top of the car! :) yes please!!!

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Don't know about anyone else...but I'm loving those new Mickey Mouse lights on top of the car! :) yes please!!!

I'm sorry but I just can't take you seriously with that display pic....

Reactions: PanamaS3
omg if thats a face lift they might as well not bothered lol :)

Dig the roof lights though :sunglasses:

Just a renew of front like A4.
Real changes will be tech options like Virtual Cockpit, Matrix LED, Dynamic indicators, Car Play, Android Auto, Remote Services ... its a simple upgrade from a 2012 car to 2016 car.

ppeb0Hf.jpg

I'll wager you a beer that you'll be waiting a lot lot longer for a facelifted 8V RS3.

In fact I'd guarantee you will not see a facelifted RS3 anything like March 16! (particually when the latest order books for RS3, are now out until May 16 (as I was told this morning).

A Bombarider
please, :tearsofjoy:

UjUPdnq.jpg

Ugly as **** if that really is it + I still maintain it won't hit the streets this year.

TX.

Edit - in the UK.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
It's still not as ugly as an M2 though :)

Reactions: ComputerControlled, T-800 and 5pot
What AUDI should release is this. That's a nice and agressive car.

T7qptij.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Other commented about M2 "ugly".. then i replied. (removed post btw)

M2 is girly.

Weak version of proper BMW's like the M3 or M4.

And I bet you're not even getting one either asport. I bet you still live with your mum, souped up Fiat Punto on the drive and a head full of daydreams... :laughing:

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Spaceman_RS3

400HP upgrade confirmed for new RS3 Sedan facelift.

Reactions: Radman
That's to make up for the awful front end!

TX.

Edit - he says up to 400hp ;)

lacks width for rear fenders but back looks nice on video, darkened taillights or effect from low quality video?

s6HrYtg.png

Have you photo-shopped that in :whistle2:as a number of people incl me have been told it won't fit eg will need to wait for new model rather than facelift ...

TX.

Reactions: WoodyRS
lacks width for rear fenders but back looks nice on video, darkened taillights or effect from low quality video?

s6HrYtg.png
Rear end should be looking more like this IMO
It NEEDS big f-off arches me thinks

PS These wheels would be nice too ;)

What do you reckon @Snake Pliskin ? ;) :D

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Snake Pliskin
Rear end should be looking more like this IMO
It NEEDS big f-off arches me thinks

PS These wheels would be nice too ;)

What do you reckon @Snake Pliskin ? ;) :D

Total agree mate ... Love the arches, the alloys, the colour, the low lip black rear diffuser .... It's how it should be 100% ! :sunglasses:

Lol @ big F off arches ... but so true :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Spaceman_RS3
A3 interior facelift will look similar to this new Q2, with virtual cockpit + screen.

5.jpg

Kb28Fzk.jpg

oh what's that? a pop up screen?! thought you couldn't get a pop up screen with the virtual cockpit?

Hmm, This is a pretty sad and spiteful thread... On that note... An M2 is for children and philistines... I'd buy one and donate it to the Joe Bailey institute for underprivileged hair dressers.

A3 interior facelift will look similar to this new Q2, with virtual cockpit + screen.

5.jpg

Kb28Fzk.jpg

Asport I thought you said the A3 FL would be at Geneva?? No sign so far. I will see for myself on Friday...!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Asport I thought you said the A3 FL would be at Geneva?? No sign so far. I will see for myself on Friday...!

No mention of the A3 facelift at all ???
Asport what's going on ???
You assured us it would be here :)

Last edited:
@asport unable to predict the future shocker!

TX.
So the guy that has turned to a M2 and stays on the Audi forum, spouting all kinds of predictions has been proved wrong again Hahahaha what an absolute joke.

Reactions: T-800 and RGBARGEE