Facelift 2000 onwards 1.8T Sport ...

You'll pick up a pretty tidy 1.8T or 1.8TQ for that money, but it's maybe going to be a push to get a post-facelift one...

If you change the headlights and tail-lights would the remaining differences be so important? I know the interior is a little nicer post-facelift, but it wasn't a deal-breaker for me when I was looking for the A3 I had...

Well done on selling your car and good luck on the search!

Regards,

Rob.

FactionOne said:
You'll pick up a pretty tidy 1.8T or 1.8TQ for that money, but it's maybe going to be a push to get a post-facelift one...

If you change the headlights and tail-lights would the remaining differences be so important? I know the interior is a little nicer post-facelift, but it wasn't a deal-breaker for me when I was looking for the A3 I had...

Well done on selling your car and good luck on the search!

Regards,

Rob.

Well the thing is my old car was a 99' plate hence why wanted 2000 plate onwards so getting a newer car rather than an older one...

I dont have an issue with mileage at all on these cars so was hoping I'd be able to pick up one with less than 100k on facelift for £4500... can prob push to £4700-4800 for the right car...

A 1.8TQ would be nice but realistically dont think its going to happen.

Cheers for advice :icon_thumright:

There's a 2002 1.8T in Denim Blue with 73,000 miles on it on the trader...

Private seller asking...

(I'm building suspense here...)

£4750... So inside your 'stretch'

...And there's a 2000 (but facelifted) 1.8TQ in Black with 123,000 miles for £4700. Again a private seller, multiple photos this time and it looks a very tidy motor (apart from some woeful fake-wood that's been stuck on the centre-console but I'm sure that wouldn't take long to remove!).

Regards,

Rob.

I would say you could get a facelift, if you good...January is a good time of year for buying.

FactionOne said:
There's a 2002 1.8T in Denim Blue with 73,000 miles on it on the trader...

Private seller asking...

(I'm building suspense here...)

£4750... So inside your 'stretch'

...And there's a 2000 (but facelifted) 1.8TQ in Black with 123,000 miles for £4700. Again a private seller, multiple photos this time and it looks a very tidy motor (apart from some woeful fake-wood that's been stuck on the centre-console but I'm sure that wouldn't take long to remove!).

Regards,

Rob.

It needs to black ideally as sick to death of blue cars... all of the last four cars have been blue...

123k is too high for me to consider realistically...

There's one at Select Cars Sheffield (so not so far from you) on the Trader too...

1.8T Sport - 2001 Y - 99,000 miles... £4,690 ...and it's Black :)

Regards,

Rob.

Mr OCD said:
Well the thing is my old car was a 99' plate hence why wanted 2000 plate onwards so getting a newer car rather than an older one...

I dont have an issue with mileage at all on these cars so was hoping I'd be able to pick up one with less than 100k on facelift for £4500... can prob push to £4700-4800 for the right car...

A 1.8TQ would be nice but realistically dont think its going to happen.

Cheers for advice :icon_thumright:
I owned a A3 pre face lift and a S3 pre face lift, going to the face lift seemed natrual progression. Got to say I bought my car in December, which I thought was the best time of year, looking about January looks even better from the looks of pistonheads, good luck :)

Looks nice, but 99K? Makes me a tad suspicous!!!