F8 fuse keeps blowing + eng man light on

jonnyg2k5

Reaction score
The title says it all really. My eng man light is on but I'm not sure this is connected to the fuse F8 which keeps blowing. Does anyone know what the F8 fuse does? It is located in the fuse box in the engine bay. I can replace it (10amp) but as soon as I turn the ignition it blows. Car still runs fine :crying:

F8 is (actuators, sensors, radiator fan, main relay for ignition coil.) I have an 2.0fsi petrol and thats out of my manual. obviously its going to differ slightly but should be similar. Best bet would be to plug it in on the diagnostics mate.

hi, i have a very simular problem on my 04 reg a3 tdi sport dsg - the eng mgmt light has been on,i have been told its due to the "inlet manifold flap motor"? as the engine runs fine and drives well i have put off the repair... HOWEVER,i have recently discovered (only in very heavy traffic - 1hr+) that the engine will start to overheat eventually as the Fans do not cut in!! after investigating i have found that FUSE F8 (10A) was and keeps blowing... do your cooling fans cut in ok if its left running stationary ???
im still not sure wot the problem is (awaiting answers from so called Audi experts) but will let u know if /when i suss it out...
please let me know if u Have/do sort your problem out.

ALL SORTED !!! after a little research,i decided to replace the "intake manifold flap motor".:idea: got one from GSf for about £150 and fitted it myself (on inspection i found a broken plastic gear inside the old flap motor) ,also taking time to clean out the "Egr valve" as recommended...

The engine instantly seemed more responsive,after replacing the fuse (F8 - 10a) i also found that the cooling fans and air conditioning were working perfectly :)
however the engine emissions light was still lit on the dash,even after trying to reset the e.c.u. by removing the battery/ignition key methods...:banghead:

with the help of a friend and a snap-on diagnostic box ,managed to delete the logged codes ,lights out and all has been well since (2+ months) so im back in love with my DSG :jump::icon_thumright:

sorry to sound liek an amateur but my car has throttle boddy fault i cleaned the throttle body and egr valve until they were sparkling,
my cooling fan still kicks in AC heaters and everything seems to work fine, so what other fans can this F8 fuse blow and is the only soloution changing throttle body im stressed out :(

please some one private message me what to do and what can blow with this fuse

thanks a million