F1 season 2014

Repeat after me: There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! There is not a conspiracy! ...:wtf:

Reactions: jojo
The only thing to look forward to tomorrow, is to see how many places Lewis can make up starting from the back. Seriously, what's the point of dominating FP1/2/3, then giving him a car that didn't even produce a timed lap?!

Reactions: grainqey and Artimus
I honestly believe that they should start each race in reverse order to make it interesting so take last weeks race results and reverse them for this weeks grid so on and so forth cos free practise and then quali is totally pointless imo

Raikkonen and Hamilton both charging through the field..

Should be a good watch

will Raikkonen be bouncing from pillar to post again :p I'm a fan of Hamilton if anyone but I hope one of the Mercedes win this year - surely either of them can with with the car but I do hope between them that Hamilton does because of all the bad luck he's had!

Lewis must have ran over a black cat

Reactions: Artimus, Shrek5 and grainqey
Think he ran over a bag full of them he's been rly unlucky this year

Reactions: Shrek5 and grainqey
F1 is a 2-hour/200-mile race - ish.

To WIN you have to FINISH! Nigel Mansell struggled to understand this, and I'm starting to think that Hamilton has the same problem... :shrug:

Reactions: Ghost

To WIN you have to FINISH! Nigel Mansell struggled to understand this, and I'm starting to think that Hamilton has the same problem... :shrug:
Other drivers ...Vettel, Alonso, Massa, etc... complain if they find them selves edged wide! Hockenheim last week was a prime example of them moaning about each other over the radio, but you rarely, if ever, hear Hamilton complain about another driver, unless they take him out of the race - he just gets on with it. He, as Mansell used to, enjoys the wheel banging aspect of racing and it sometimes brings rebuke from those that don't partake, but it makes exciting viewing and is a fast disappearing art, so more power to his elbow.

That being said, I think his luck (tongue firmly in cheek here) will really run out one day, unless he calms down and becomes more of a thinking driver, a la Alonso.

Hamilton had to curb what he said though a few yr ago at mclaren he was making a lot of comments and was told he needed to reel it in ever since then he's very reserved, if he's not happy he doesn't talk to the media/f1journos he just keeps it to himself and gets on with it, but when he's happy he tells everyone!

I think if mclaren have a good 1st season with Honda I do honestly think he will be back at mclaren in 2016 as senna was his idol and I think the chance to drive a Honda mclaren will bring him to the team again. For today though he just needs to get his head down and get on with it and hopefully the cars behind him

Gotta say, thats got to be one of the best races of the season!

it was an awsome race, love the mardy`s from rosburg as ever hamilton did a great job but definitely not the best race of the season. close but not the best.not a reb bull fan by far but riccardo deserved that win. wonder if he gonna say to vettel.....U MAD BRO. :)

Riccardo…you are the man and Lewis also

Reactions: grainqey
I think Lewis could have won that if the strategist had called him in for new tyres just before or after Rosberg was given his! He had plenty of new tyres available so there was no need to stretch the runs so long. And he was right not to give way to his main title rival as it seems the team is slightly favouring Nico on strategy.

The difference between Lewis and Nico, Nico was stuck behind Verne for aaages, Lewis dispatched him within 2 laps of getting to his gearbox in the same car! No disrespect to Nico, who wants the championship to be handed to him on a plate, but lets face it, there's only one racer in the team, and in the last 2 races, he's shown why he's one of the best driver's out on the grid! :racer:

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, Ghost, Alex C and 1 other person
Amazing drive from lewis,

So ****** off mclaren made a bad call with the inters! I wonder if JB could have finished in the top 3 as he got passed ricciardo after the safety car

Amazing drive from lewis,

So ****** off mclaren made a bad call with the inters! I wonder if JB could have finished in the top 3 as he got passed ricciardo after the safety car

With respect Lee, I put money it was JB’s call, he’s always willing to roll the dice, and it just didn’t come off this time.
He was easily going to pass Ricciardo, it was a wet but drying track, so JB was going to be the fastest car, but for only 1 lap two max.

The difference between Lewis and Nico, Nico was stuck behind Verne for aaages, Lewis dispatched him within 2 laps of getting to his gearbox in the same car! No disrespect to Nico, who wants the championship to be handed to him on a plate, but lets face it, there's only one racer in the team, and in the last 2 races, he's shown why he's one of the best driver's out on the grid! :racer:

Yep, I think it was on lap 34? It was the overtake of the race for me, if Lewis didn’t pass then and there, he may only have finish 4 or 5 if not lower. :racer:

:iagree:

Id put money Lewis wining every race, because he will try to win every race, but that’s not the way to win the championship! :blink:

Fantastic race from Riccardo
fist-pump-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: 45bvtc
Nah both Jenson and Eric said it was the pit walls call,

Reactions: Alex C and Ghost
Funny old season this with plenty of drama despite only having 3 different race winners

BAN radio communication; the result would have been oh so different...:think:

BAN radio communication NOW, I say: F1 cannot have it both ways; it's either a team sport or a driver sport, and this last race again proved that it's neither.

GET back to pit boards ONLY!

BAN radio communication - NOW!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and Artimus
Great save by vettel but rly isn't his year compared to ricciardo

I hope Hamilton pips nico to the wdc that final double points will be everything to play for

And Daniel ricciardo is only 70 points behind too if he scores a few more wins especially with the double points he could win also

Can't wait to hear what Hamilton says about Rosberg. I think there may be some payback in future races.
Why o why did I pick Massa, should have gone for Bottas.:3sadwalk:
Karl

Reactions: Ghost, Artimus and jojo
I dunno jojo, Button had a similar run of off's and bad luck the year he won his championship.

It's still all to play for, he's just going to have to get his hands dirty.

Don't stop believing! Hamilton will prevail

I would pay good money to see the two germans crash into each other

I dunno jojo, Button had a similar run of off's and bad luck the year he won his championship.

It's still all to play for, he's just going to have to get his hands dirty.

I know I know, just feel frustrated for Lewis. He qualified 2nd, got his car in front from the start, what more can he do? Then the race is just ruined for him after 2 laps! Grrrr

Reactions: Artimus
I know I know, just feel frustrated for Lewis. He qualified 2nd, got his car in front from the start, what more can he do? Then the race is just ruined for him after 2 laps! Grrrr

I totally agree @jojo not many of the downfalls in him losing points/time this season have been his fault and its such a shame!

:asskicking::asskicking:Rosberg is a brat!!
I hope the FIA deal with his actions heavily.

Reactions: jojo and P40ULW