F1 Season 2011

kind of weird how badly Webber is doing - for the conspiracy theorists out there

Think this season has been spoken for since day one, Vettel and that car are stupidly fast and for some reason I can't see him slipping up.

Button - fail of the year? LOL

Button - fail of the year? LOL

You should leave the spoilers for later on for the benefit of the ones who are watching the rerun in the Arvo, but that's not too much info I guess...

For anyone else whose watching it later on, DO NOT miss the start of the race! :)

Well, I don't think anyone who wants to watch it later will look at this thread but still i didn't write what it is about

that's about it for spoiling it for others

haha my bad. I was just happy and needed to shout it out lol.

It wasnt on to early anyway so they should have got up to watch it lol. Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone.

Mark Webber done amazing too.

Great race, Hamilton did a great job, Webber also, didn't expect that at all from 18th.

And Button....Hahaha what a idiot.

Also a pretty decent race for rosberg.

Makes a change all the action been up front, its normally all the action for 10th place down but to see it all at the front was great.

Did you see how well Ferrari did!! amazing!! p1 AND p2!! With Alonso wiping the floor with everyone!!

If Carling did perfect races :)

What a race!! i caught it at lap 17 n wasn't too optimistic, great drive by Hamilton, would love to see him lift that crown again - lets hope they have a bit more luck over the red bulls to close that championship gap - think he's more than proven whos the better driver in that team, more than enough times...no disrespect to Button as he also had a great race...Good job by Webber too, he was awesome...suppose he had nothing to lose 'nuts deep' was his only option and did that pay off or what!!??

Was a good race.
I'm glad it's moving to Europe now cause these early Sunday morning's are a killer.

Yeah, it wasn't easy to get up at 7 today but it was sooooooo worth it!
Button failed badly and lost his position. I'm sure it wasn't easy to focus after that and it might have screwed up his race.
Webber had a great drive. I normally am not a fan of Hamilton but i was praying he did get in front of Vettel (he is now like Hamilton when won his championship) . I also loved the conference when Webber said he is happy that Hamilton won with Seb. Lol.

Yeah, it wasn't easy to get up at 7 today but it was sooooooo worth it!
Button failed badly and lost his position. I'm sure it wasn't easy to focus after that and it might have screwed up his race.
Webber had a great drive. I normally am not a fan of Hamilton but i was praying he did get in front of Vettel (he is now like Hamilton when won his championship) . I also loved the conference when Webber said he is happy that Hamilton won with Seb. Lol.

Because im a Hamilton fan 100% when he won the championship and people were saying hes thinks he "this and that" now, I thought it was all rubbish and jealousy. But seeing how Vettel is theses days I kind of get what people mean now. I really like Vettel still but he has changed a tad since becoming world champ.

lol when Mark said that you see Vettel look at him probably thinking WTF were meant to be team mates lol. At the end of the day the main title contenders all have one main goal and thats to win the championship.

Has anyone noticed Vettel talks for ageeessss when hes asked a question in the conference centre. Hamilton and Vettel are my best drivers on the grid, for me they are true modern day racing drivers. So chuffed with todays result though, we need more like that please McLaren:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
yup you get the feeling that Vettel thinks he's just grown up ten years and is getting used to it whilst spreading his infinite wisdom....made a bit of a dig in his comments if i rem correctly where he made a slight excuse as to why he couldnt win....

Hamilton for me is the most exciting racer out there.....although hats off to De Resta, he looks like he's going to be amazing once he lands a decent car.... more brits the better ;)

Aye tis was a great race to watch.

Drive of the day has got to go to Mark though - what a recovery.

Fantastic that Lewis won (yes I'm a McLaren fan) shame that Button took too much out of his rears, boy I bet the team are taking the mickey out of that pit stop. Loved the way the RB mechanics were franticly waving Jenson on to his own box.

I understand what Mark was saying, from the WDC standpoint it is a lot better that Seb doesn't win all the races, was funny to watch Sebs reaction.

Paul

due to me working on the weekend i caught up with the action on sunday afternoon on my sky +, i watched the full qually and the full race aswel as the forum and i spent a total of around 9 hours of pure F1..... my idea of an amzing sunday in

glad lewis the win, excellent drive and tactics with him keepeing a fresh set of options from saturday. top man, top race and top day.

im afraid all these rules mean we won't see another Senna as long as we live even if one already exists! :( it's not all about driving anymore, its who's got the right car, who's got the luck, strategy..... best example of supiority is two team mates battling...... i might be getting fed up with F1 and its gimmicks

BTCC ftw!

Turbo engines are back for 2013 I read yesterday, that sould be interesting!

Sorry, I did mean for F1 - 1.5 litre turbos IIRC

I did quite enjoy yesterdays Grand Prix, it's a shame Button got shafted strategy wise, but it was nice to see some good honest racing from him and Hamilton.

Great Race.....Plenty Overtaking and the most PitStops since 96 I think.... Good wheel to wheel Racing too.....

I really think Vettel is a star of the Future.... Class of His Own.... *ducks*

Paul Di Resta beat him when they were team mates... Iirc

I thought for the first time this season that it was to fake. Don't think anyone will beat Vettel until mclaren or ferrari start winning qualy.
Not gonna happen anytime soon though.

im afraid all these rules mean we won't see another Senna as long as we live even if one already exists! :( it's not all about driving anymore, its who's got the right car, who's got the luck, strategy..... best example of supiority is two team mates battling...... i might be getting fed up with F1 and its gimmicks

Wasn't too long ago we was moaning about the lack of overtaking opportunities, the rule changes has brought it back. In F1, it was always about who has the quickest car that wins championships! Do you think any of the Top driver's would be in the frontrow driving a Virgin race car? I think not.

Adrian Newey is just too good an Engineer/Designer, and those lucky enough to be the driver's of these machines just romp away! Not taking anything from Vettel of course, he's showing Webber how it's done also...

I would love to see Vettel paired up alongside Alonso or Hamilton in the same team, then we would see a true picture of how quick he really is! :racer:

Last edited:
Another great race in my opinion, Vettel is too damned good though, Hamilton is best of the rest naturally, unlucky he couldn't pass him with both KERS and DRS available to him in the end!

Looks like DRS will be available in 2 sections for future races also, this might make things interesting!

Been an AWESOME season so far! Another great race. It's gonna take a lot to beat Vettel this year. He's just unstoppable. Lewis is the only man capable of challenging him. McLaren just need that little bit more on race pace and it'll be a great fight all season. Red Bull 1 lap pace is unbeatable. Simple as that!

Great race today, I think if there wasn't so much traffic build up that made Lewis drop back a bit at one point costing him .200 he would have had Vettel today.

Great start by Alonso though but just didn't have the pace.

Going to repeat what has already been said though....it's Vettels year again.

amazing race, the tit that i normally would hate made an absolutely amazing start, i take my hat off to the filthy spaniard :hi:I think I may be warming to him more seeing as his profile seems to be changing, seems less arrogant of late and more 'one of the blokes'..... watch this space, no posters on my bedroom wall yet :)

And what the hell was that 12 laps from the end, i was on the edge of my seat ready to hit the roof!! sadly the spring in my legs was not unleashed :( Vettel is very good, you can see that when you compare him to his TMate - that said I don't fancy his chances in the same car as Ham, had that Redbull not been so good on the final corner Hamilton would have had him, he was all over him on corners where he shouldn't have been, sadly the overtake just was not possible.... obviously matter of opinion of course ;) how much would you hate to be Button though, I really love the fact we had two Brits on the podium, but 'tyre friendly' Button just bores me when he drives, altho that said he has his aggressive moments, just few n far between, the kid needs his head shaking

I think Heidfeld could of finished better aswell, he seemed to be doing alot of messing about in the early stages of the race instead of getting on with the job.

Would of been interesting to see Hamilton go out on softs for the final leg, would of given him the speed he needed to pass vetal I recon and get a good lead before they started to drop off, plus being at the end of the race with less fuel they might have gone longer. Hope to see either Hamilton or Button win at Monaco

Softs wouldn't have lasted for his final stint. Too many laps. I was suprised as to how many laps Vettel did on his second set of softs! Thought Hamilton might have the jump on him by the second round of stops but he just kept going!

Tyres are by far and away the main reason for the good races. People are saying that quali isn't as interesting now, but I'd rather have a boring quali and a cracking race than the other way around!

The race was great, Vettel was pretty dam faultless once again, and once RB get the kers sorted, no one will be even close imho.
It's testament to how good BOTH the drivers are, as well as the car when they are super competitive without it.

Any info about the inquiry into not slowing for the yellow flags? Not heard anything.

repremanded but not penalised