F1 Season 2011

oh my frickin lord!! what a result!!! go Mclaren!! but hats off to Vettel.....brilliant pole!! less convinced of his quotes though lol

Where are the strongest testing team? anyone remember their name? ;)

Well that was an interesting quali session, and it looks like Vettel is the man to beat again!

Go Hamilton for splitting the Redbulls!

Can't wait for the race now, looks to be an entertaining season. Just hope Vettel doesn't run away with it.

And where was that Ferrari that was suppose to clean up? :laugh:

amazing how quiet it goes when the red pile is in a bad position :)

Historically i'd never go to kick a man whens he's down, but the lack of mutual respect shown towards my good nature makes me wana shout to the world haha- call me childish :rockwoot:

Lewis who?..............
ferrariflag2.gif

Please take note, 1m10s in the vid below, straight from the horses mouth. :laugh:

BBC Sport - F1 - Fernando Alonso 'more or less happy' with fourth

Last edited:
Bit of a boring race really, think its going to be everyone chasing Vettel this year though.

Resta did a pretty good job today though, hope he keeps at it and starts making his way up the grid.

Hope the next race is abit more exciting.

yeah i think i agreee, it was a boring race...interesting that redbull had no KERS though....

Yeah, was it because the system wasn't working or they just didn't need it? Just think what vettels gonna be like when it is working.

Yes, very interesting how quick the Redbulls are with no KERS. Vettel even managed to overtake Button without it, so maybe he wasn't even pushing his car?

Yes, very interesting how quick the Redbulls are with no KERS. Vettel even managed to overtake Button without it, so maybe he wasn't even pushing his car?

Doesn't the kers battery's add more weight? All the drivers are obviously very tactical how they drive, even if it means being overtaken. Maybe button hoped he would break down...

KERS adds weight but if they don't use it, they still need to add weight instead of it.
Problem with KERS is that it needs very good cooling and can be unreliable.
IIRC red bull didn't use kers previously when mclaren and ferrari did and they were flying anyway.
I don't think they will touch it this year as well.

should make things interesting, I really hope the red bull isnt as dominent though, Vettel is becoming annoying already with his sudden words of wisdom all of a sudden - end of qualy and the race it was cringe worthy how patronising he sounded to his pit crew over the radio

should make things interesting, I really hope the red bull isnt as dominent though, Vettel is becoming annoying already with his sudden words of wisdom all of a sudden - end of qualy and the race it was cringe worthy how patronising he sounded to his pit crew over the radio

I totally know what you mean, but given his first language isn't English, I think you can forgive him.... sort of. Not a fan of his, but you have to hold your hands up and admit the guy is quick with a capital 'F', I mean, where the hell was Webber in the same car!?

Another interesting quali session, and Vettel just has that bit extra to out qualify his team mate and be in pole! 2nd position isn't too bad for the '****' McLaren, better than 5th place anyways! :laugh:

1 S Vettel Red Bull
2 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren <--- '****' McLaren
3 Australia M Webber Red Bull
4 Great Britain J Button McLaren
5 Spain F Alonso Ferrari <--- Superior Ferrari
6 Germany N Heidfeld Renault
7 Brazil F Massa Ferrari
8 Russian Federation V Petrov Renault
9 Germany N Rosberg Mercedes
10 Japan K Kobayashi Sauber

Lewis who?..............
ferrariflag2.gif

I just watched qualifying now. WOW amazing. I think that Hamilton will eat Vettel in the first corner.

Looks like this is going to be a much better race, looking forward to this one.

Another cracker of a race.

It was nice to see a far more superior driver run into the back of Hamilton. Chorizo chomping knob!! His eyebrows probably got in the way :eek:)

Driver of the day has to be Webber

It was nice to see a far more superior driver run into the back of Hamilton. Chorizo chomping knob!! His eyebrows probably got in the way :eek:)

Wasn't a bad race was it? Looks like we have a new 'ram raider' in the mix. :laugh:

And those RedBulls with knackered KERS are still flappin quick!

Loved Petrov, "I have a few tricks round this track" then you get "I belive I can fly" haha loved it.

Hamilton getting penalised is a joke, it was TOTALLY the fault of that ***** in the red car who has a penchant for spicy sausage, maybe hamilton should have used his indicators and pulled over, in a safe and timely manner, because, let's face it, they weren't racing for position were they!!!

Petrov should have been a rally driver methink's, it did look well cool though

Hamilton getting penalised is a joke, it was TOTALLY the fault of that ***** in the red car who has a penchant for spicy sausage, maybe hamilton should have used his indicators and pulled over, in a safe and timely manner, because, let's face it, they weren't racing for position were they!!!

Alonso was penalized for going into Hamilton, Hamilton was penalized for moving twice accross the track, breaking the move once rule.

Odd thing is, non of the commentators commented about it during the race did they(or did I miss it?), or maybe classic 'british' favouritism, I don't know.

Annoying non the less.

^^^^ :) :) :) :)

Got to admit, wasn't able to watch it this weekend and heard Vettel came first on the radio, and so deleted the sky plus after hearing of the drama..... funny how certain people disappear when times are hard, think they call them 'glory hunters' don't they?

Good race, it was good to see 3 different teams up on the Podium, too good a drive by Sebastian :banghead: steady drive by Jenson :respekt: and a fantastic drive by Nick and great recovery by Mark. Good to see that the McLarens are a bit closer to the Red Bulls, shame that Hamilton took too much out of his tyres and required that extra pit stop. I liked the challenge from Jenson's Engineer - no one has done more than 16 laps on the prime tyre. As for Alonso well he really got caught out there for a two time WDC, but the in-car did show that he got a fair bit of understeer just before hitting Lewis's car.

Bring on China.

Paul

very good race with lots of entertainment, im liking the new pirelli's and they add alot to the mix.

kobayashi is brilliant isnt he lads, fair play to the guy he loves chasing even the best of the best and he will no doubt give them a hard time whatever.

the prancing horses arent looking to good rite now are they?????? oh hes gone has he lol never mind i always liked his comments on here ha

hopefully hamilton can do the business in china, should be very quick on the long china straight and with DRS and kers it could be quite interesting race, qualifying means nothing these days with these tyres, they really do fall off the cliff very quick dont they so its all about strategy this season

kobayashi is brilliant isnt he lads, fair play to the guy he loves chasing even the best of the best and he will no doubt give them a hard time whatever.

Excellent driver to watch, great overtaker and in just about every race is having a good battle with someone.

Oh and well done to Di Resta for picking up another point and finishing in front of his team mate.

Love watching Kobayashi but I also like Alguersuari; I was really against Di Resta as I felt the BBC had pushed him into the limelight massively resulting in influencing Force India (maybe) but boy he has done well thus far!!

Best news for me was realising that China was this weekend :D

I'm going to be at sea for the European GP sailing to Norway on Ventura - but I'm hoping that they will have the Race showing somewhere on board.

Paul