F1 Season 2011

me too! can't wait for new season
hope it will be as good as last one

Bahrain is off lads, it will start in austarlia now on the 28th march. damn it

Agreed. Maybe they should cancel half the year as thats how long it will take Mclaren to catch up..lol

haha, imagine if they were on the ball right from the start of the season, they would make Ferrari look even worse in the constructors

LOL They only time in recent year Mclaren have been close to ferrari was the spygate years. The mclaren was just a silver painted ferrari...lol

Mileages so far

Ferrari wears the reliability crown after the first two tests of 2011, with Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa able to rack up notably more laps than any of their rivals during the weeks at Valencia and Jerez.

But reigning champion Red Bull is not far behind, while Mercedes and Williams have had mixed fortunes - a good amount of running for Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello, but a lot more issues for Nico Rosberg and Pastor Maldonado.

Force India, Virgin, McLaren and Hispania's miles in 2010 cars are not counted, so the lists below show only what they have achieved in their 2011 machines.

Teams:

1. Ferrari - 1,981 miles
2. Red Bull - 1,727 miles
3. Mercedes - 1,437 miles
4. Williams - 1,340 miles
5. Renault - 1,323 miles
6. Toro Rosso - 1,316 miles
7. Sauber - 1,041 miles
8. Force India - 726 miles
9. Lotus - 673 miles
10. McLaren - 640 miles
11. Virgin - 594 miles
12. Hispania - 0 miles

Drivers:

1. Alonso - 1,186 miles
2. Schumacher - 932 miles
3. Barrichello - 874 miles
4. Webber - 872 miles
5. Vettel - 855 miles
6. Buemi - 796 miles
7. Massa - 795 miles
8. Perez- 778 miles
9. Kobayashi - 636 miles
10. Alguersuari - 520 miles
11. Rosberg - 505 miles
12. Kubica - 495 miles
13. Maldonado - 466 miles
14. Di Resta - 448 miles
15. Petrov - 405 miles
16. Button - 382 miles
17. Trulli - 350 miles
18. Kovalainen - 323 miles
19. D'Ambrosio - 322 miles
20. Sutil - 278 miles
21. Glock - 272 miles
22. Hamilton - 258 miles
23. Heidfeld - 236 miles
24. Senna - 187 miles
25. Ricciardo - 102 miles

Test one, Valencia

Just three days before suffering the horrendous injuries that could rule him out of all of the 2011 season, Renault's Robert Kubica set the fastest time of the opening week of winter action at Valencia.

Rival teams were generally impressed by the radical new Renault, and Kubica's 1m13.1s on the third and final day of the test confirmed the team was in good shape.

Ferrari could also go home happy, with Fernando Alonso a close second, while Red Bull was inevitably competitive too.

Mercedes seemed to be in trouble at this point, while Toro Rosso and Williams had problems to overcome.

Lotus joined the fray a day later than the rest, and then had a tough run of teething troubles to kick off.

McLaren, Force India, Hispania and Virgin ran 2010 cars at this test so are not counted in the table below.

Combined times from Valencia:

1 KUBICA Renault 1m13.144s
2 ALONSO Ferrari 1m13.307s
3 VETTEL Red Bull 1m13.614s

4 WEBBER Red Bull 1m13.936s
5 MASSA Ferrari 1m14.017s
6 MALDONADO Williams 1m14.299s

7 PEREZ Sauber 1m14.469s
8 SCHUMACHER Mercedes 1m14.537s
9 ROSBERG Mercedes 1m14.645s

10 BUEMI Toro Rosso 1m14.801s
11 KOBAYASHI Sauber 1m15.621s
12 BARRICHELLO Williams 1m16.023s
13 PETROV Renault 1m16.351s
14 ALGUERSUARI Toro Rosso 1m16.474s
15 KOVALAINEN Lotus 1m20.649s
16 TRULLI Lotus no time

Test two, Jerez

The second test at Jerez seemed a lot harder to read, with much wider divergence in programmes among the teams.

Williams and Mercedes in particular shot from the back to the front, with veterans Rubens Barrichello and Michael Schumacher ending the week in a one-two, but having seemingly set those times on relatively low fuel loads.

Renault tried out Nick Heidfeld as a potential Kubica stand-in and he also went on a spurt to lead the way on Saturday with the third-fastest time overall.

There was consistent pace from Ferrari, Toro Rosso and Sauber fared better, and the new McLaren looked quietly promising.

But Red Bull totally hid its potential, focusing on (impressively quick) long runs and avoiding getting into the fight at the front.

The week also saw Force India and Virgin's new cars make their debuts, and the gap between Virgin/Lotus and the older teams seemed to have closed considerably.

Hispania skipped the test to do filming work with Pirelli at Monza.

Jerez test combined times:

1 BARRICHELLO Williams 1m19.832s
2 SCHUMACHER Mercedes 1m20.352s
3 HEIDFELD Renault 1m20.361s
4 MASSA Ferrari 1m20.413s
5 ALONSO Ferrari 1m20.493s

6 KOBAYASHI Sauber 1m20.601s
7 BUTTON McLaren 1m21.009s
8 HAMILTON McLaren 1m21.099s
9 BUEMI Toro Rosso 1m21.213s
10 ALGUERSUARI Toro Rosso 1m21.214s
11 SENNA Renault 1m21.400s
12 PEREZ Sauber 1m21.483s
13 WEBBER Red Bull 1m21.522s
14 VETTEL Red Bull 1m21.574s
15 KOVALAINEN Lotus 1m21.632s
16 RICCIARDO Toro Rosso 1m21.755s
17 SUTIL Force India 1m21.780s
18 ROSBERG Mercedes 1m22.103s
19 GLOCK Virgin 1m22.208s
20 PETROV Renault 1m22.493s
21 MALDONADO Williams 1m22.591s
22 DI RESTA Force India 1m22.945s
23 D'AMBROSIO Virgin 1m22.985s
24 TRULLI Lotus 1m23.216s

Dude we get the point, your a ferrari fan and we can all read, no need to highlight were ferrari came all the time lol

well we will just have to see what happens on race days huh. roll on start of the season

Yup. Should be a good season :)

New Williams.. Looks nice.

8891.jpg

8889.jpg

Does any of you Mclaren fans what to buy a Genuine Drivers West Mclaren Mercedes Shirt? Ive searched around ebay and other places to see what they are worth and it seems they are ultra rare. I cant find any anywere.
They was only issued to Team Members and never sold outside the Team. The team was supposed to Destroy or return ALL worn and unworn items. I was very lucky to get hold of this shirt :)
It has WEST On the Back too.
Anyways here it is.. PM Me if your interested?

IMG_1451.jpg

Here Is kimi Wearing The same Shirt..

gal09_08.jpg

gal07_16.jpg

Last edited:
You're not suppose to whore your products on the main forum!

The team was supposed to Destroy or return ALL worn and unworn items.

But I have to ask, is it a worn or unworn one? and personally, I'd keep it, but I guess you have lost interest in McLaren these days....

Its unworn. I got it about 4 or 5 years ago along with the Orange 2005 The team wore. They are very uniq and thats why i framed them. I lost interest in Mclaren 2 years ago over the whole Spygate / Alonso incident after id supported Mclaren for some 10years since Mika joined them. Anyways i agree, I think i will keep them. Thanks anyways.

2 weeks to go till the start of a new exciting year. Came across this that make me laugh.

Mclaren's 'woes' - Pf1

http://www.planet-f1.com/off-on-f1/6...cLaren-Special

Here are some of the stories you won't be reading on any of the other F1 websites - for a very good reason. This week, there's only one team hitting the non-headlines, for a variety of reasons...

It's A Velocity Thing
Jenson Button has said that he's not depressed ahead of the first grand prix of the season in Australia. Despite his McLaren MP4-26 being consistently slow in testing, Button says that "problems have been masking its true pace". Most pitlane observers believe that the major problem masking its true pace is a lack of speed. This has led wags to dub the new car the McLaren MP4-26 'James May' after the Top Gear presenter known as 'Captain Slow'.

Ron Sees Red...Or Not
Ron Dennis has lost his driving license for six months after reaching 12 points under the penalty points system. The McLaren boss picked up his final three points after he was observed failing to stop for a red light near Wokingin Surrey. In court, Dennis conducted his own defence to try and dodge the ban. He said that at McLaren they didn't normally worry about going through red lights, especially when they were at the end of the pitlane.

McLaren Nose Job
In a desperate move to try and find some speed, the McLaren team have been testing the front wing flexion on their car. It's widely believed in the pitlane that rather than protest against the flexing of the Red Bull-type front wing, all the teams have decided to join in and copy it. McLaren are one of the last to do so. They measured the distortion using rods leading to a beautifully engineered bulbous nose on the front of the car. This particular version of the car has been dubbed by mechanics as the 'McLaren MP2-26 Barry'.

Team Beard!
In pre-season testing Lewis Hamilton has been photographed sporting what some people believe to be the worst facial hair ever in F1 history. "It's not a proper beard," noted proper beard wearer Nick Heidfeld. The facial hair arrangement was a continuation of his sideburns which looped in a thin line underneath his chin. "The last time I saw something like that," said one F1 engineer with a Scottish sounding name, "was in the garden centre amongst the garden ornaments - pushing a wheelbarrow."

Does God Hate McLaren?
And finally, if their pre-season woes weren't bad enough, the almighty seems to be a Ferrari or Red Bull fan, too. Having smiled on the Circuit de Catalunya for several days, allowing Felipe Massa to put in 132 laps, and interesting Fernando Alonso having to trump that with 141 laps, he decided to rain all over McLaren's parade . Their final attempt on Saturday to get the car right before shipping it off to Australia fell victim to torrents of rain in Spain. And even though Hamilton completed the most laps - 33 - he was still slower than Nico Rosberg and Pastor Maldonado.
God's displeasure at the Woking-based team is likely to be followed by a fearsome commandment - Thou shalt not launch the car late ever again. Though everyone expects this to be uttered by a bloke who's just lost his driving license...

Didn't know about few changes this season.

"Elsewhere, the dreaded 107 percent qualifying rule makes a return, which means that the tailenders won’t get to race if they don’t get within five or six seconds of the Q1 time on a Saturday afternoon. The ban on team orders has been lifted, in tacit recognition that it is almost impossible to police; the race stewards, aided once again by former F1 drivers, will have wider powers; and as drivers are now officially only allowed to move once to defend themselves in a corner, the act of crowding - such as Michael Schumacher did to Rubens Barrichello in Hungary last year - is now punishable." from:
Formula 1

also interesting on pirelli tyres type and marking
Formula 1

Last edited:
Well the cars are in melbourne... Very exciting altho that Mclaren **** is saying his car is crap and he wont win another title...LOL

9165.jpg

"Christian Horner had previously said Hamilton "is not going to be happy if he has another barren year," and Hamilton himself confirmed that he would not be satisfied with one or two titles."

One Hit wonder?? He was lucky to steal the first one from massa :yum:. Yup defo a one hit wonder.
4 days till Shamiltons wheels fall off again. Woot Woot :applaus:

cast your mind back 3 seasons..... take out the variable of a car..... nuff said sunshine, deal wit it :)

Lewis kicks alonso's *** in his maiden season in the same car haha....thats who :D

Facts and not hear say is what im smoking :)

Today's quiz: Which is most reliable? Solid hardcore facts that have actually happend or what Christian Horner and anybody else says ;) you will win a Ferrari 2012 grid seat if you guess right - I just know even with that you'll argue against solid facts haha!!

Loooooser, must say I think Hamilton's just got better and better since his first season.... two team mates, both ex world champs from both sides of his reign, and yet still beasted them both - but yeah he's really poo cos the little girl at the end of the pit lane knows her stuff and says he is and I believe her cos cos cos cos....oh sod it just post another picture to detract from the facts of life :)

Dude. Stop being boring..........The sooner you realize the only thing that Mclaren **** is going to with this year is a gold fish at the fair the better.....:applaus:

Last edited:
OMG will you both shut up finally? Why don't you just wait and see what Sunday brings.

Reptor, dont you think your taking the p**s now with the Mclaren rubbish. Stop uploading rubbish and let everyone enjoy the thread and look forward to the season and having a good discussion about the season please without uploading every single rubbish you read on the net about Mclaren.

Always hate to jump the gun on these things but..... WOW

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula 1

If they maintain that (fully expect it to change one way or another) then it looks like Mclaren have cracked it. Ignore them at your peril that screams to me :)

McLaren I thought looked quick in both practices this morning. More so in the long run. Probably looking at Vettel/Webber/Alonso top 3 for qualifying, then Hamilton and Button. But could be good news for McLaren over the whole race distance. Seems like there radical re-design may have worked.

yarp far from where they were a few weeks ago..... seems people under estimate them at their peril and at the risk of sounding stupid

Well the cars are in melbourne... Very exciting altho that Mclaren **** is saying his car is crap and he wont win another title...LOL

9165.jpg

Wow, they've really gone away from aerodynamics this year. Look like trains! Lol.

And those pirellis look great quality, one of thems got a puncture already!