F1 Season 2011

Nico Rosberg expects to be winning races in Formula 1 this year, with his Mercedes GP team quietly confident about the progress it is making with its 2011 contenderShouldnt be hard to do consider he is team mates with schuey. This is the year he will quit i reckon.

I love the look of the Lotus Renault.
Wish they would bring back refuelling.

Ferrari name not enough
to tempt Vettel - Marko

I bet if they offered him the same wage as alonso then he would be off like a shot, you gotta love the P.R of F1.
The article goes on to say that RBR are trying to secure Vetel into a 3 year deal. They clearly are worried a big team will snatch him and lets face it, a contract dont mean sh*t as Kimi will tell ya. Money talks..

autosport.com - F1 News: Red Bull plays down Vettel-Ferrari talk

"No question, it is my wish and goal to drive for Ferrari one day" Vettel said in November.

Will will see were he goes in 2012. My bet is massa out and Vetel or kubica in.

Well here it is. The new livery Renault. Looks nice altho black always reminds me of manardi and they was crap..

8275.jpg

8276.jpg

This year I think it will be a close battle between Alonso and Vettel, one will win in by a few points and Hamilton a few points behind and button to finish forth.

Webber, nah not a chance, you will always be number 2 driver and now team orders are back, you can kiss your chances goodbye.

Hopeing Hulkenburg gets a few more decent finishes this year, I said he would be a good driver from day one and he's starting to prove himself now.

Schumacher to hopefully realise this year he is past it should finally quit....for good.

Well here she is. This years challenger. Looks like the long nosed schumacker version to me. Should be a interesting year.

8435.jpg

It will be interesting to see the actual car at Bahrain - i think there will be huge differences and that they are not totally showing their cars yet - I think all the teams will be hiding things more than usual this year - I do think McLaren and going to have something "odd" and especially Merecedes.

What has suprised my is that Ferrari would appear to have kept there normal suspension and not opted for the push rod set-up - this could be the make or break with the aero for them......

Yeah they said they didnt want to go on the same way as red bull and stuck to there normal push rod system. Some say the pull rod system helps aero much more but noe the double defusser has been banned then maybe thats why they stuck to there older ideas..

Here is a better video of the new ferrari on track. Its starting to get exciting now the launchers have begun :)

Last edited by a moderator:
2 More days till the Official Mercedes GP is lauched but here is a pic. Bit duck billed platipuss nose i think..

mgp-w02_teaser.jpg

And Heres is a few more of the Renault.

foto.php

foto.php

Last edited:
A few more pics of the new challengers. Redbull looks the same.

Williams FW33

1296562728.jpg

Mercedes MGP W02

1296550206.jpg

Redbull RB7

1296547442.jpg

That Merc is very sleek and defined

Plus I think the Lotus Renault ( the black one!) looks very trick.....

I agree, that silver arrow looks sleek and sexy..

Have you seen the "Hook" type near the rear wing of the ferrari? looks weird.

mass_ferr_fior_2011-13.jpg

Moveable wing anyone... Wonder how many will fail during the season.

Jesus this car is ugly.. What is up with them L shaped air ducks..Also has a long flat noes. Wonder were they got that idea from. Cough *ferrari*. Wouldnt be the first time..lol

8625.jpg

8626.jpg

looks like another winner to me :) strange design but im sure it serves more towards functionality than looks....as long as it beats the Ferrari pile and that dirty spaniard i really dont mind :)

Actualy.......

Lotus Renault GP has issued the following statement on Robert Kubica’s condition:

“After undergoing extensive medical checks this morning, Robert Kubica has been diagnosed with multiple fractures to his right arm, leg and hand. He is currently undergoing surgery at the Santa Corona Hospital in Pietra Ligure.

“Robert suffered a high-speed accident this morning while competing in the Ronde di Andora Rally.

“Daniel Morelli, Robert’s manager, will be available for the press in front of the hospital emergency entrance at 16h30 CET.”

C_27_photogallery_3931_GroupPhotogallery_listphoto_itemPhoto_1_immagine.jpg

C_27_photogallery_3931_GroupPhotogallery_listphoto_itemPhoto_2_immagine.jpg

Looks like Kubica will not be raceing this year and possibly never again in F1. Bruno senna is on standby.

Latest news is
21:20 FIRST TIME ESTIMATE ON RECOVERY
Igor Rossello, a member of the two teams, said that "if the operation went well, it will take a year of rehabilitation."

21.15 Closing remarks: surgery lasted 7 hours
The operation lasted seven hours. The operation worked two teams of doctors. One has dealt with the right hand, while the other was mindful of the fractures in his left leg. The operation was very complex and the two teams have made it known that the prognosis will be dissolved in 5 / 7 days.

Kubica badly injured in Italian rally crash - CNN.com

Was really nice that Fernando Alonso double world champion has visited Kubica in hospital. Nice gesture. Wonder who else would have done that.........

Fernando Alonso rushes to the hospital
» Incidente di Robert Kubica: Fernando Alonso accorre in ospedale

Use the Translate button

alonso.jpg

Last edited:
Alonso and Kubica are best friends that's why he went to hospital.
It's a ****** bad news. I was counting on Kubica to join the fight for championship this year.

BTW .
Senna and Petrov in Lotus-Renault. Dear god...

Oh i agree, bad times for renault this year. Not sure who`s the worst driver, senna or petrov. Hope renault have a big budget and lots of spare cares when they trash them every race.....

The latest on Kubica is.
Robert Kubica faces more surgery for treatment to his injuries after responding 'well' to a seven-hour operation to save his right hand, following his crash during the Ronde di Andora rally on Sunday
"The patient will stay in intensive care for 24 to 48 hours," he was quoted as saying by Il Vostro Giornale. "We are optimistic, anyway, since he is responding very well to treatment.He is coming out of sedation and is responding well. He shows good breathing autonomy, but lung complications may arise. We'll see in the next hours. In any case, the hemorrhage is out of danger. Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery. Truely nice guy with talent.

Anyways onto more possitive news. Virgin have launched there car.. Looks nice..Probably crap again tho.

1.jpg

3.jpg

virginmvr02_07-2

Hulkenberg & Heidfeld don't have a seat. It probably depends how long Kubica will be out of F1.
If he is out for all season than Renault might look for another driver. If for only few months, they will probably use driver from reserve.

Another picture of the Crash.. Seems his will be out for half the season at best. More likely the whole year.

610x.jpg

That's why I think someone with experience will get his seat.

Get well soon Robert - I know Robert very well from when we worked together in the World Series and I have every confidence that he will regain full stability in his hand and fore-arm - hopefully organisers of such events will learn to keep guard rails attached to each other in the future.

Hulkenberg & Heidfeld don't have a seat. It probably depends how long Kubica will be out of F1.
If he is out for all season than Renault might look for another driver. If for only few months, they will probably use driver from reserve.

Provided Hulkenburg has an appropriate get out clause in his Force India contract I would hope he gets the drive until Robert is better. And knowing Willi Weber he will have a get out clause!

I agree, that silver arrow looks sleek and sexy..

Have you seen the "Hook" type near the rear wing of the ferrari? looks weird.

mass_ferr_fior_2011-13.jpg

Sorry for the slow reply - I had a look at the hook - it seems to be something like a "runner" for the wing? I wouldn't be suprised if it dissappears shortly as they gain more confidence in the wing and the moveable mechanisms in place.

Latest news on Kubica

His conditions have improved and are good, considering the crash," Barabino said. "No infections have arisen in the post-surgery phase. The limb is well vascularised and his life parameters are all within the norm. There is a good medical evolution, considering the heavy traumas suffered.
"At the moment we are confident on the evolution of the medical situation. Kubica will have to stay in intensive care for between 48 and 72 hours, during which all kinds of checks of the arm's and hand's functionality will be carried out.
"As for recovery times, after this first day we are optimistic on the future: the patient is reacting in an excellent way.

He will undergo more surgery on Thursday to tend to fractures in his right shoulder and foot before another operation three or four days later to stabilise his fractured elbow. He has been visited by his family as well as his friends Fernando Alonso, Tonio Liuzzi and Flavio Briatore.... No surprise Lewis didnt turn up. Maybe he was buying new earings?

Nice to hear things sounds optimistic for Robert and hope he gets well real soon :)

Dont you just love P.R Bullsh*t....

"Sebastian won't leave us just because of the Ferrari legend,"...."If we cannot offer this to him, why should we obstruct his career by a contract? If he cannot win with us but with somebody else we cannot stop him, even by a contract" Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko

Sebastian said ""I would like to be on the podium at Monza with Ferrari," he told Libero. "One day I do hope to be with the team from Maranello"

So.. Helmut says he wont leave but Seb says he wants to drive a ferrari.. We all know in F1 that contracts done mean sh*t... Jenso got out of his when he was with williams, Kimi got out of his with ferrari. Many many drivers get out of there contracts when money is flashed arround. Hopefully Ferrari will come good this year and mark my words, if they beat Red bull and offer enough money to Seb. You will see a Alonso Vetel team...........

'I'm happy at Red Bull but I dream of Ferrari' - Sebastian Vettel | Red Bull | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

hope it goes ahead at bahrain as im busting to get back into F1 now