1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 Season 2009

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by lil_coz, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Matt

Matt Active Member

Editting out the tension? What do you mean?

The repeat later in the day is the full race, not cut short or anything to skip over bits like with football highlights. Only difference is I wont have to sacrifice my Sunday morning sleep in! :)
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

It's trying to avoid the damn results before the repeat which is annoying, they always put a 5 minute news reel on just before which usually announces the results! AAAARGH!
  3. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

do you watch formula one ever? did u not see the crash with ralf schuey in america when the ambulance came on track to take him away? they stopped the action for like 1hr and not to mention when M.S crashed it at silverstone and broke his leg. When its live u see it all, the tension i mean by not knowing if there ok or not and waiting to find out what the medics say and stuff. when its not live at 2pm on sunday. they cut all that in a "Add Break".

Anyways look at were lewis is now with no alonso to give input as to the car. There doing *****! Serves Mclraen right for giving all there energy to lewis and shunning Alonso. :blahblah1:
  4. Matt

Matt Active Member

Yes I watch them live apart from these first few ridiculous o'clock ones. I value my sunday morning sleep in too much! I take the chance of there not being a dramatic crash that halts the race. Not as die hard as yourself!

I avoid watching the news or buying a paper when I'm watching the repeat, I just go out and wash/wax the car till its on and I'm none the wiser to anything that may or may not have happened till I see it for myself!
  5. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

If you're on Sky+, record the live showing and watch it when you're good and ready! Thats what dad does with quali, and just watches it when he gets up.
  6. edition

edition Active Member

Sorry if its already been said but when is it on live and when is it repeated?
  7. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

Clearly. :whistle2:
  8. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

Saturday 28th March
    Practice: 0255-0405

Qualifying: 0500-0715

Sunday 29th March
    Race: 0600-0900

LEWIS Hamilton made a disastrous start to the F1 season today when he finished 16th in the first practice session in Australia.
    The 23-year-old, who claimed yesterday he fears losing his crown, finished well off the pace behind team-mate Heikki Kovalainen, who finished fifth

Lewis Hamilton admitted his prospects of defending his world title are not looking good after a dismal start to his Australian Grand Prix weekend.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7967974.stm

Lets all get behind Button and forget lewis. He wont win the crown this year and is a flash in the pan thanks to alonso i reckon.
  9. willnabby

willnabby RS-one day soon!!

We get it , you hate lewis and like fernando , change the record now please.:lazy:
  10. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

Ok new record. JENSON ON POLE. LEWIS IN THE :Flush:

:yahoo:
  11. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

OK..... now I've been watching F1 for a long time and I have NEVER been speechless after a qualifying! Christ, the 'top teams' were nowhere! This is going to be such a good season! :jump: Matt, you'd be mad not to get up and watch the race live mate! lol I just can't get over how Brawn GP are doing, and RBR... although I like Vettel and Webber I just didn't expect to see them up there too. McLaren have some serious problems. TBH Renault we're a disappointment too. Ferrari were no better either lol. I'm really liking the coverage too. I'm not sleeping tonight! :happy:

Reptor, can I just say something mate? You are entitled to your views and there's nothing wrong with that. You support who like and cheer them on etc... again fine. But lets try and stop the driver bashing (no matter who it is) and just talk about the racing thats happening. The way I see it, every driver in F1 must be one of the best in the world otherwise they wouldnt be there! Cheers fella :beerchug:
  12. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

Hey dont get me wrong. i think lewis is a good driver. just dont think he is as good as people are lead to belive. Now Mclaren have to build a car from scratch and not relie on adrian neweys design that mclaren have just tweaked each year. They are finding it hard as its plain to see.

Btw, Willnaby seems to get on his high horse when ever someone has something not to his taste about lewis as it seems. I thought this was a "F1 2009" thread. not a "Lewis" thread. He should expect that not everyone one on this planet likes lewis.

Anyways you should all get up and watch it live tomo. Do it for your country and support Jenson. :)
  13. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

To be fair tho you have been a bit harsh with your wording! lol Anyway enough of that...

Tomorrow morning is where it's all at! I'm just wondering if anyone put a bet on JB winning the title before Brawn GP came about.... because I have a feeling that the odds will be somewhat different now! Does anyone know if the fuel loads will be made public before tomorrow? Because that'll be interesting to see. There should be a fair bit of overtaking tomorrow... I'm happy for the Brawn boys because of what they've been through but I'd like to see Vettel mix it in with them. I still can't get over how close the field was when they were all on low fuel!
  14. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Looks like Toyota have been naughty! Starting at the back of the field because of a flexible wing. tut tut tut :no:
  15. Matt

Matt Active Member

I'm still supporting Hamilton. Never been behind Button before so I'm not going to suddenly to turn into a glory supporter because he's doing well now! Good luck to them though!
  16. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Ok they've released the weights of the cars. The cars from the top ten shootout strategy are:

Button - lap 22
    Rubens - lap 23
    Vettell - lap 20
    Kubica - lap 17
    Rosberg - lap 20
    Massa - lap 18
    Kimi - lap 19
    Webber - lap 21

Others you might be interested in:

Alonso - lap 29
    Heikki - lap 32
    Lewis - lap 19
    Heidfeld - lap 33

Thats based on the final weights of the cars that the FIA have published. According to the figures, Nakajima will pit for fuel after 3 laps! :scared2: Now thats either a misprint or a very interesting strategy!

Roll on tomorrow morning!
  17. jojo

Goddamit, I avoided this forum and any news so I could watch the rerun @1PM, only to be called out to do some work @1.30PM, so only got to watch Q1. Shocked just watching Q1 with the Pace of Brawn GP and more shocking is the lacking pace of McLarens and Ferrari as mentioned above. Bit disappointed that Lewis Hamilton most likely won't be able to defend his title, but happy that Jenson is up there, maybe it's his time after all.

Also quite happy to see Alonso not in the Top10, if only to annoy Reptor. :moa:

Should make an interesting race tomorrow, but it looks like the rerun for me again, my working hours means I'm in deep sleep during the start of the race!
  18. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

LOL nice one :blow:

Doesnt annoy me. Wait till next year when he is in a ferrari. then we will see some damage. Hamilton wont win the title this year nor next year when alonso is driving the pants of the red car :) :o.k:

11 hrs to go till the race..yeeeehhaaaa. Then 12 weeks till i goto silverstone. :)

Tell ya what i find interesting.

1. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 664.5kg

18. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 655

so lewis was lighter and will pit before the BrawnGP boys and yet he was 15th. Guess thats proof if we ever needed it just how **** that car is.
  19. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

The weights for the cars outside of the top 10 are declared weights for the start of tommorrows race not what they ran during qualifying mate. Until the last session all the cars were running with the minimum ammount of fuel to do the short qualifying stints. the cars from the final session run on race fuel and there weights are recorded, after the qualifying the remaining teams declare how much fuel they will run at the start tommorow.
  20. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

Sorry. let me make it easier for you.

The FIA has revealed the fuel loads with which all 20 cars will start the Australian Grand Prix
    For a start the Brawn cars are, as we expected, massively quick, given that Jenson Button’s car has 22 laps worth of fuel in it (59 kilos).

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=James_Allen&id=45376
  21. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

22. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Steve is right. The cars from Q1 and Q2 all ran light, and then filled their cars up ready for tomorrow's race after their sessions. The cars from Q3 qualified with their race fuel so you can't really compare the two with the figures that they are starting with tomorrow.

What is for certain is that McLaren are in serious trouble. As are Ferrari, but not as bad as McLaren. The smaller teams really have tured the sport on its head. Be interesting to see what happens with the hearing about the diffusers. I don't see a problem with it myself. 8 hours left! I'm going to bed, be nice a fresh for tomorrow. Dont forget to turn your clocks forward or else you'll miss the start!!!
  23. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

Yes i no that. ive been watching F1 and going to silverstone the past 11yrs. In qually one button would have similair fuel to lewi but still he wupped his ass. My point was that the car is **** and is clear to see. One of the commentators said that the making of a true champion is to take a **** car and make it work. so lets see the results shall we.

LOL. will leave a msg here to see if u reply during the race to check your up m8ty. :)
  24. Matt

Matt Active Member

Hamilton 3rd, not bad for a car that was off the pace in qualifying! Bit of luck but also a bit of good driving IMO!

Wait till he has a car thats had a bit more work in the set up then he'll be winning again.
  25. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

I can finally post! lol

Was a friggin awesome race wasnt it! My hat is off to the Brawn boys :hi: They really have showed everyone the way throughout the weekend. I think the new rules have really improved the 'on track' action. Loads of overtaking! KERS gets a big thumbs up from me too.

Was a shame about Vettel and Kucia. They both had stellar races but I'm sure they'll shine again. Hamilton had a very busy race. Fair play to him for getting up were he did, even though the last 3 positions were gifted. He made full use of his KERS. I think its going to be a LONG time before McLaren are back up to winning ways. Same sorry for Ferrari. They are really suffering with loss of Brawn and his strategic mind. All is can say is, this is going to be a cracking year!! :jump:
  26. Matt

Matt Active Member

The KERS was good. Almost sounded like they had dropped it down a gear as the revs rose that rapidly when it was used!

How much bhp are the engines running this year (without KERS)?
  27. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

I think they are in the region of 750bhp. Then you've got the 80bhp of KERS.
  28. jojo

HA! finally! Where was the Ferrari's? Where was Alonso?? :haha:

Get in Jenson Button!!, and what a result for Hamilton from the back of the grid(okok, he was the luckiest mofo in the race!:racer:)
    The BrawnGP F1 car is going to be unstoppable this season, I mean Barrichello wasn't much slower with his front wing flapping all over the place lol, and he was a lucky boy also, making contact after the first corner and still coming 2nd!
  29. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?

Here's a couple of pics for you....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  30. S3 Big Andy

S3 Big Andy Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Lewis & McLaren disqualified!! just up on sky news now...Thursday 10:20am
  31. Matt

Matt Active Member

Yeah and all it says on the BBC website is "new evidence has come to light"

More like they have it in for Hamilton & Mclaren. What a farce.
  32. abdus

abdus Top Gear

33. Wes G

Wes G Member

F*** SAKE!!! Why couldnt they have just put him back to 4th ? Really does seem like someone( old Bernie?) has it in for McClaren? :confused:
    I really hope they can do something with those cars so that one of the drivers can get to the front again.
  34. jojo

What the hell?! Oh well, guess we'll never know the truth about these things, four days after the race finished and we get another twist in the results lol, unlucky for my man Hamilton, he will bounce back, hopefully ahead of Alonso. :)
  35. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

Stupid question.... but did you have a good time? Was a great race to go to eh?!

On the Hamilton subject, I'd say that it was the right decision. There was a lot of confusion between both drivers and teams (you can hear the radio convos between both drivers and their teams on the net somewhere). I think the way Hamilton chose his words when he went to the stewards the first time is what got him disqualified. If he was straight with them, he would have been demoted back down to 4th. But because he said that Trulli overtook him, rather than 'I let him overtake me' is what sealed his fate.
  36. jojo

Make what you want of it, but I think it's a farce, but then I am British and a Hamilton Fan! Let's hope Jenson still has his 1st place points this time tomorrow aye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8q27gzS4C4
  37. jojo

38. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

I think Hamilton done nothing wrong. Listening to the convo between him and the team, he was right saying that he should have stayed infront of Trulli. From what I can make of it, its the team that cocked it up for him by confusing the whole situation. And considering that they have just got rid of the guy that went in with Hamilton to see the Stewards tells me that he's the one that brought all this on by not telling them a straight story.

With all this going on you'd think it was the end of the season not just a race old!!! :scared2:
  39. Matt

Matt Active Member

40. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

listen to the car radio coms here
    http://del.interoute.com/?id=cbf9ef76-62c8-420f-8dac-b72f07b17ae3&delivery=stream

"McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh on Friday admitted suspended Sporting Director Dave Ryan and Lewis Hamilton did lie to FIA stewards.
    "

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090403131258.shtml

interesting read here. even bernie said there liers

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090403150029.shtml

tell ya what tho. when all is said and done. they will noty ban lewis for one simple reason. he is worth too much in revenue and comercial money to be banned. they will fine mclaren. yeah great, fine a team who dont care less about money. its just like fineing a football player £20,000 when they get £100,000 a week. means nothing. if they banned them from 3 races like they sometimes do for footballers then thats the only way they will learn. question is, if he didnt lie, why bother saying sorry and the only reason he said sorry it to save the cost of his shares like jade goody did. BLEH