F@!*ing Pheasants

Scottynic

Reaction score
Been really trying to tidy my car up, then last night on the dual carriageway the dumbest bird ever decides to fly in front of me.

Smashed my passenger light and wrecked my grill! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

My question is due to the S3 having xenons do i need a different headlamp cover or can one from say a 1.8T do?

cheers

i had the same this morning mate, was on a national speed limit doing my 10% above speed limit and hit one, cracked bumper, spolitter missing and grill out. Its the second time this year.

At first glimpse I thought this thread was about peasants..... those damn poor people.

Back in the day a m8 hit one after he fitted his new slitter. Literally cut one in half. Was amusing at the time.

oh...........

was expecting so see a thread with some tasty birds lined up....build a man up then....

shame we dont live in the US, you could have taken it to that road kill cafe chain.....

No you should be able to use the same headlight lense for the front if its a facelift S3, notably the plastic clear part, use a heatgun or even stick in the oven to heat the sealant up & then you can pull apart, swap fronts & then heat again & maybe some added sealant & reseal.

No you should be able to use the same headlight lense for the front if its a facelift S3, notably the plastic clear part, use a heatgun or even stick in the oven to heat the sealant up & then you can pull apart, swap fronts & then heat again & maybe some added sealant & reseal.

Its pre face lift unfortunately been quoted the best part of £200 for a new one from Audi :(

I hit a badger once in my old Mk1 Fiesta, and that took out the front valence and totalled the radiator.

The the following Xmas in my Mk2 Fiesta hit (& killed!!) 2 foxes in 3 days!!

Touch wood, so far only hit a rabbit in the S3. Just a bit of blood to clear off the rear wheel arch...

Cheers,

I was pretty lucky on friday night, hit the remains of a deer in my elise just as well i never hit the pheasant as it would have probably totalled it. LOL

shame we dont live in the US, you could have taken it to that road kill cafe chain.....

You cant actually do that, if i hit and go back and pick it up its classed as poaching, but if someone in front of me kills it and i stop then i can legally pick it up as road kill. Another quirk in our strange country

I have found in the past when ever i kill some wildlife in my car it brings some bad luck in the near future so watch out guys!