Extremely urgent help needed 3.2

Nezzy

Reaction score
Right guys. My car is stranded on the side of the road. Went to get some petrol (Computer said 20miles remaining)
I get about half a mile down the road and she just dies. Nothing. All electrics still on but engines dead.
Cruise over to side of the road, attempt to start and she starts and instantly cuts out.
My car does suffer from the hesitation and it did seem a little worse today than normal,(Maybe the rain?)
which is why I've got her booked in.
Here's the thing. Armed with my Jerry can I give her some juice. Attempt to start and the same thing.
She fires up but just dies straight away. She just won't hold her Idle. Give it a bit of throttle and she'l
stay fired up but as soon as I back off all the revs just drop straight down and die. The Traction
control light is staying on too now. The Yellow triangle with ! Inside and arrow round. (That is traction control right?)

Please if Any one can shed some light it would be much appreciated. I dont really know what else I can say.
Oil's fine etc. Could the fuel sensor be faulty and now all the crap at the bottom of the tank has been
sucked up?? :banghead:

Just tried starting the car again and now she sounds like its an effort just to start. Won't be trying
again. Hopefully I'll get her towed to a garage tomorrow... if I can turn the damn steering wheel.

Last edited:
Might be a sparking issue or not enough power getting to the plugs to ignite the fuel. Best just waiting until you get it properly diagnosed before anymore damage is done!

Hmmm let us know how you get on.....

Sounds like a electrical issue to me if it just died and didn't make any bad mechanical noises!!

Well still no joy. Tried once again earlier and she sounded a bit better and ran for a few seconds
then died so I'll be calling the Nice AA man out tomorrow and hope he can do something. If not
He should tow me to my garage as its closer than home. ****** car!!!

Let us know what you/your mechanic finds mate - I had an issue that sounds similar although for me it was intermittent/v low frequency in that it happened once every few months and it would quickly correct itself. It was in and out of garages for diagnostics - they couldnt pinpoint the problem so proceeded to change many sensors to no avail. However, AUDI eventually loaded the factory map back onto the ECU and it seems to have been fine since... *touches wood*

A few others had the same issue, discussion on it is here although there were none defnitive diagnoses or solutions, it may help save some time and expense in troubleshooting... http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?72043-Engine-cut-out-ECS-amp-ESP-lights-on

Well people. I gave the car to my mechanic. All the usual codes seemed to come up i.e MAF, fuel mixture etc so I told
him to try reseting the ECU (Like everyone else in that link seemed to do) and low and behold she's now running again. God knows how long for but i'm going over to Audi next week, regarding updating the ECU which won't be easy as they say they know nothing about it and claim
that they're very up to date with ECU updates etc. The normal crap. No doubt they'l want to scan the car etc at their usual
£70 cost but Im only going to let them do it if they check for the update and agree to do it. Otherwise they're getting none
of my money. So here's hoping that she holds out until then and flashing the ECU cures everything. :unsure:

Just out of curiosty If anyone else has experienced this here, have you had the hesitation problem also and if so have you had the ECU updated yet?

Jamie