Exterior trim.......

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello Gents,
Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their help regarding my first post, for answering all my questions and being patient with me.......Also many thanks to the fella over at polished bliss that I kept on badgering for advice........:thumbsup::applaus:

Just a quick one. I am looking for a really good extetior trim protectant/renovater that will last a while and keep the black plastic trim looking good. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a few..

AG Bumper Care
Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel

but personally, I like to use 303 Aerospace Protectant as and where I can..

^should be available on the Polished Bliss website.

Yeah I bought some off them last week. Have used it on the engine/door well rubbers and dash. The stuff lasts for ages!!!! Used to use that back to black stuff they sell in halfrauds. The stuff only lasted 2-3 days!! Feel like a right **** for wasting my money on rubbish/gimmick cleaning products for YEARS!!!!
Will give the 303 a shot on the exterior trim and see how long it lasts.

Cheers Jimmeh

Yeah I bought some off them last week. Have used it on the engine/door well rubbers and dash. The stuff lasts for ages!!!! Used to use that back to black stuff they sell in halfrauds. The stuff only lasted 2-3 days!! Feel like a right **** for wasting my money on rubbish/gimmick cleaning products for YEARS!!!!
Will give the 303 a shot on the exterior trim and see how long it lasts.

Cheers Jimmeh

The key to geting it to last as long as possible is to make sure that the plastic is clean and free of old dressings first. Give it a good scrub with some all purpose cleaner, dry with a microfibre, and then apply your 303 and it should last as long as possible that way.

Ryan

Excellent advice above chaps. On our new site, we have provided a graphic specification for each product that helps you to compare it to its peers in terms of performance. For exterior dressings, visit this section and check the specification tab for each product - shine and durability are indicated on a scale basis...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/outer-trim-cleaners-and-dressings.html

:icon_thumright:

Many thanks fellas. Although obvious, good point there about removing all traces of previous applications before applying fresh. I have always overlooked this thinking washing alone would remove old trim product.....Not anymore....

Rich, cheers for that. Just checked the link out. Will be phoning monday for some of the poorboys, and a 303 replen! Absolutely fantastic stuff! Can't believe how nice it makes the engine bay look, and I applied some to the dash and it still looks as if its fresh after two ****** weeks!

Cheers gents!