1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'A8/S8 forum' started by a8tdi, Aug 26, 2012.

1. a8tdi

a8tdi Member

[Aug 26, 2012]
    Just wondering if an extended warranty will cover dash rattles? I will ask the dealer tomorrow but in the mean time would be interested in anyones views/experiences with rattles and warranty resolves..
    Thanks,
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Aug 26, 2012]
    I would think it would have to. My car is still within warranty but they've just had to replace the whole glovebox housing as it used to vibrate horribly at certain speeds. Took them ages to pin the rattles down which means I'm not flavour of the month in there right now, but as long as you have warranty they should have an obligation to attend to your vehicle in whatever capacity is required.
  4. a8tdi

a8tdi Member

[Aug 26, 2012]
    Hope so, the car is great but the rattle does waste the whole experience..Good you got yours sorted..
    Thanks for your input..
  5. a8tdi

a8tdi Member

[Aug 26, 2012]
    Just checked my Audi approved multi point approved check certificate.

Number 137, check for interior trim rattles!
    Well either the engineer was stone deaf or this hasnt been done, although a tick is in the box.

Also,
    Number 106, check and adjust tyre pressures..NSF was at 42 psi, OSF was 32 psi which is the correct pressure according to the book.

Becoming a little suspicious about the whole Audi approved certificate..