1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extended Warranty- Difference in quotes

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by trekbiker, Dec 20, 2004.

1. trekbiker

trekbiker Member

[Dec 20, 2004]
    A few people have posted topics about the above in the last month, with prices varying from 450 to 550, some saying that a MPC is needed prior to warranty being issued. My S3 is 3 years old next month, and by virtue of this, is still covered by the manufacturers warranty.

On speaking to a main 'stealer' today, as long as you take out a 4th year within 14 days of expiration of your 3yr warranty, the MPC is not needed.

IF an MPC were carried out, i would expect the price to rise somewhat.

My quote- £472. Not as bad as the £550 i was expecting after reading previous threads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did anyone take out similar cover through AUDI in recent weeks for much less or does this sound 'good to go for'??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. chimmo

chimmo Member

[Dec 20, 2004]
    Yeah the quote you got sounds about right - I paid £470 back in June this year to extend the warranty for an additional year.

It's quite bizarre how the price varies from dealer to dealrer as I was told this was 'book price' when I took it out... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. imported_ashs3

imported_ashs3 Guest

[Dec 20, 2004]
    Remember that you get Audi Roadside with warranty as well, no more AA or RAC bills /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  5. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 22, 2004]
    Yeah I paid £442 to extend my S3 for an addtional year, unlimited mileage is nice as well. Can you extend it further after that do you know?