Extended mono.pur interior problem?

J4MMYz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've finally got round to ordering an A3 s line, 1.4 COD.

I had a test drive in a 1.6 diesel yesterday so I could feel the SE suspension as I would want this on my s line, and my god have I just drove perfection... and thats the 1.6!

Anyway, I wanted mono.pur extended interior (leather arm rests on doors/stitching, as well as leather/stitched area around gear shifter) but i've been told by my dealer a lot of part ex's that have came in with the mono.pur have gone very shiny with use, like the door handle/arm area as it's not real leather.

Bit gutted by this, as it makes the car look that extra special... whats everyones opinions to this? Has it happened to yours? Does it not look that bad? The dealer says she wouldn't spec it as it looks a bit naff when it goes all shiny, i'm not sure.

Cheers for any replies :)

"but i've been told by my dealer a lot of part ex's that have came in have gone very shiny with use"

Oh really, she's had a LOT of A3 8V models with mono-pur being traded in! Yeah, right!

For what it's worth mine is perfect but then it's only 2 months old. I'd definitely spec it again as it makes the interior even more special.

I doubt lots have come through, more than likely one.

Shiny surfaces on leather or even a false leather surface occur through wrong cleaning products and build up of dirt, people think cleaning leather to get that shiny look is clean but it's actually very dirty and some products make it worse.

I wouldn't be put off by it.

"but i've been told by my dealer a lot of part ex's that have came in have gone very shiny with use"

Oh really, she's had a LOT of A3 8V models with mono-pur being traded in! Yeah, right!

For what it's worth mine is perfect but then it's only 2 months old. I'd definitely spec it again as it makes the interior even more special.
^^^This^^^

And the last comment is oh so true :)

Hi guys,

I've finally got round to ordering an A3 s line, 1.4 COD.

I had a test drive in a 1.6 diesel yesterday so I could feel the SE suspension as I would want this on my s line, and my god have I just drove perfection... and thats the 1.6!

Anyway, I wanted mono.pur extended interior (leather arm rests on doors/stitching, as well as leather/stitched area around gear shifter) but i've been told by my dealer a lot of part ex's that have came in with the mono.pur have gone very shiny with use, like the door handle/arm area as it's not real leather.

Bit gutted by this, as it makes the car look that extra special... whats everyones opinions to this? Has it happened to yours? Does it not look that bad? The dealer says she wouldn't spec it as it looks a bit naff when it goes all shiny, i'm not sure.

Cheers for any replies :)

Test drove an S3 back in April with mono pur. Looked the part (car was 2 weeks old) but I was more bothered about the centre console stitching irritating my left leg when in certain driving positions and that's what made me not order it. I would want it to be real leather too if it's a cost option. Disappointed to hear of it becoming shiny though.

Had an A1 with mono pur for 2 years and looked brand new when I traded it in.

I find the 8V mono pur around the transmission tunnel is very good as it has a small amount of padding in which does help if you rest your knees against it. With out it, its just hard plastic.

Think that dealer comment is BS personally.

It is one of the must have options in my opinion - lifts the whole cabin and makes it feel just that bit more special.

Reactions: Martinbanshee and glospete
Has the the dealer raised it as a concern with Audi Customer Services?
If not may be give them a ring and see what their view is.

I don't usually spec things just for looks or because it's supposedly an upgrade, but the mono.pur is one of the options I'd always have on my spec sheet. It looks far more special than the standard plastic.

I have lunar silver with mono.pur, so would assume it probably needs more care than black , and mine still looks like new after 4 months if that's any help ..

Reactions: Pulp84
I completely forgot to spec mon.pur after pretty much ticking every other box, what a lemon...