1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expired Warranty

arthurfuxake Mar 2, 2006

1. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[​IMG]
    As can be seen, my warranty has just expired on my car, even though it is still 7 months short of 3 years old. Does anyone know if audi offer a "top-up" to carry the warranty on to the full 3 years?

2. Platinum70

Platinum70 Member

You can purchase an extended warranty from Audi for £800 to £850 for the year.

3. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

ouch. That sounds a bit steep. anyone else done it?

4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Total waste of money IMO, what's the point buying a reliable car then wasting a fortune on warranty cover, most of which can be weaselled out of by the warranty company on the basis that pretty much everything in a car is subject to wear & tear?

5. HuntsA4

HuntsA4 Member

A reliable car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Take a quick look through the current live topics.

6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Compared to most, yes. Obviously most people on the forum would have originally registered because they have a problem, so hardly a general consensus as to the reliability of the brand. My point was mainly directed to the cover you get on a warranty. People seem to think it covers anything that goes wrong with the vehicle outside general maintenance.
    If you're that naive then go ahead and waste your money.

7. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

Got to agree with you there Andy.

£800 for a years extended warrany is a crime!! Save the money or put it by 'just in case'.

You may find that if you keep the service history going then Audi might contribute a percentage to some major failures. The franchise I work for will.

HTH

BUB

8. mikeA2B

mikeA2B Member

My warranty expired last year, dont want to temp fate by saying any more than that.

9. madvw

madvw Active Member

the extended warranty is based on your engine size... so it could be anything upto a couple of grand for the 4 litre drivers out there....

10. lgatland

lgatland New Member

My car is coming up to 3 years old (no problems so far - touch wood!). Am i reading this right - the car tells you when the warranty is up?!

Personally i won't be bothering with an extended warranty - i have mine on Audi finance (it was ex demo) - and i cannot afford the ballon payment, so will be trading in for somthing new (plus I like the excuse to change cars every three years!)

11. imported_bubstar

imported_bubstar Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    My car is coming up to 3 years old (no problems so far - touch wood!). Am i reading this right - the car tells you when the warranty is up?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite - The warranty is 3 years or 60,000 miles.

So the car will tell you, when it hits 60k in less than 3 years!

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif