Experience with this roof spoiler

I'm looking at one of these myself and would appreciate any feedback too...

Guys,
Just about to ask the same.
It is available on ebay uk.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280343703785&_trkparms=tab=Watching

Sent to PM to the seller and he stated it bonds on top of the current tailgate with the brake light shining through the gap but as you guys ask, any feedback.

Stafford audi are doing these ones,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110207257597&_trkparms=tab=Watching

not exact, for around £200 inc delivery so if these fit well then it could be good.

cheers

To get the best - you need an ABS one or a OEM one.

They wear better an withstand stone chips/bumps/knocks better

How much is an S3 SB spoiler from dealer?

EDIT:Didnt see the last post untill now but the oem would be better imo.

I'm picking up a 2nd hand oem one in a couple of days. I don't really want to drill holes to attach it though. Can it just be glued on ?

I'm picking up a 2nd hand oem one in a couple of days. I don't really want to drill holes to attach it though. Can it just be glued on ?

yes is can be 'glued' on, though since its been bonded on before you will need to make sure all the old bonding material is completely removed.

Stafford audi are doing these ones,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110207257597&_trkparms=tab=Watching

not exact, for around £200 inc delivery so if these fit well then it could be good.

That's the OEM one... -If anyone's truly interested, I have one for sale, new-in-box, primered, and I think that I could ship it anywhere in the UK for not much more than HALF that...

If anyone's interested, let me get it weighed at the post office for a shipping quote.

Keith

Is this the Votex or the S-line?

why don't we group buy an OEM one from maybe Stafford Audi or Stoke Audi?

it looks like there is enough interest and if they can do an agreeable price, OEM would be much better.

why don't we group buy an OEM one from maybe Stafford Audi or Stoke Audi?

it looks like there is enough interest and if they can do an agreeable price, OEM would be much better.

I would like to know what the difference is between the Votex en the S-line. I read I lot about the S-line won't fit a non-Sline car, so I'm looking for an good alternative.

I'm pretty sure an s-line spoiler will fit non s-line. It's not like the shape of the cars different. Just exterior, interior and suspension are i believe. So i'm pretty sure they will fit. But i'm wrong sure some one with a lot more experienceand knowledgee will correct me.

Hope i was able to help

Thanks

Ashley

I'm pretty sure an s-line spoiler will fit non s-line. It's not like the shape of the cars different. Just exterior, interior and suspension are i believe. So i'm pretty sure they will fit. But i'm wrong sure some one with a lot more experienceand knowledgee will correct me.

I think if it won't fit, it will be because of the breaklight.
The mounting holes can be drilled or removed.

I think the S-line 'spoiler' is part of the boot itself as apposed to being an add on like the votex one.... it's very hard to tell the difference between them, there's really not much in it.... although when I see a votex one, it seems to be slightly more square with a slight raised kink at each either end compared to the S-line one.

BTW mate, did you see the group buy feeler thread re- the oem one?

I was at the local dealer this weekend and they couldn't find the part number for the S-line spoiler, so if you are right that would explain it.

I think the S-line 'spoiler' is part of the boot itself as apposed to being an add on like the votex one.... it's very hard to tell the difference between them, there's really not much in it.... although when I see a votex one, it seems to be slightly more square with a slight raised kink at each either end compared to the S-line one.

BTW mate, did you see the group buy feeler thread re- the oem one?

Thanks for that RS. Never knew that i've seen the group buy where would you be looking to go? Would it be the Votex spoiler on the group buy?

Thanks

ashley

I think if it won't fit, it will be because of the breaklight.
The mounting holes can be drilled or removed.

Ahh true i did forget that! Sorry i'm wrong :) Thanks for the info.

Ashley

will let you know, just ordered new tailgate & spoiler for mine today. Somebody reversed into it & have just paid me as they wanted to avoid insurance (I dont sanction this but I know the guy really well).

My understanding is the votex bonds straight on to your tailgate & has slightly squarer edges. The S-line one goes with the s-line tailegate - the spoiler having bolts & tailgate having holes& has slightly rounder edges.

I'm fairly sure the S-line will fit physically though I can't confirm yet as to if it will have bolts you will need to cut off. It is as you say more likely the vortex one they are supplying, the visual differences are very minimal and it bonds straight on.

The only two that are really different are the 3 & 5 doors.

Cheers, I think it's worth going for the ebay copy then tbh as it's less hassle to fit & guaranteed to fit on without having to hack bits off, just glue straight on & will work with the brake light.

Are you sure about the s-line spoiler not fitting (as I'm getting one tmrw!)..

Audi do it as an official part. Are we sure the brake lights are different ? If so I'll get the copy off ebay. Do you think the official one they sell is the vortex one ?

http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products.php?product=A3-Roof-Spoiler

hi

the one we are selling is a votex part, to fit it you remove the high level brake light, bond the spoiler to the tailgate with the bonding kit, then refit the brake light to the spoiler.
there is already a cut out in the spoiler to feed the wires through, and the brake light fits flush into this. just like the s-line spoiler.
you do not fit this over the brakelight.

Dave

Got my tailgate & spoiler today.

spoiler is 8P386094 GRU and has the lugs for going through the tailgate
tailgate is 8P3827023T and has the holes for the spoiler to attach through

Got my tailgate & spoiler today.

spoiler is 8P386094 GRU and has the lugs for going through the tailgate
tailgate is 8P3827023T and has the holes for the spoiler to attach through

Do you think that it is possible to fit the S-line spoiler when you cut off the lugs and then just bond it on?

Can you take some pics?

Thanks

04062009179.jpg

04062009180.jpg

04062009183.jpg

04062009187.jpg

kinda hard to show the shape but this will give you the idea. You can see the studs that poke through the holes on the tailgate.

I see it, but how is the breaklight mounted?

At the standard one, the hole is on top of it, on this one it is only to slide in the breaklight, or do I see this wrong?

Just orderd one, hopes it arrives next week

The cut out is defenitly different then a normal one.

Thanks for info on the thread guys, seems to me that unless you really wish to change the tailgate the votex is the way to go, plus Dave (stoke audi) has explained the brake light fitting.

Assume removing the brake light is just a case of popping the side clips out and also the wires are long enough? (unlike the front end mod where you need new lights and wires) Missed a trick there Audi!!!

Ball park what are you guys paying for spraying and bonding ?

Any local Manchester ones recommended?

as opposed to the s-line spoiler, could the s3 spoiler not be fitted or does this have the 2 lugs sticking out of it too thus creating the same problem?

i'm guessing the s-line & S3 spoiler are theam part. TBH, the votex is the way to go. I only went the other route as somebody had bashed my tailgate anyhow so I needed a new on.

I accidentely ordered a S-line spoiler insteed of a Vorex for my sportback, it has three mounting points, you have to cut off the outer two, but the one in the middle may stay on.
Then just glue it on, just done it today, but fits very well.

It came with a new breaklight, and sealings for over the old breaklight-gap and for the holes of the original S-line mounting.

Sorry to drag this thread up, but can someone clarify the part number for the Votex stick-on spoiler please, the one as described by Stoke Audi. And (I assume) in this link here;

http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products/A3-Roof-Spoiler.html

Described as a bond-on spoiler whereby the high level brake light is removed from the boot itself and fitted onto the new spoiler.

From what I can see, the part numbermentioned in this thread, 8P386094 GRU, is the S-Line spoiler with the lugs? On the 3-door A3 this sits OVER the existing high level brake light?

Last edited:
Hi,
Again sorry to bump but I have finally done the mod.
Bougth one of ebay for £75, check the feedback, (cant link cos I am work for ebay) but its UK based.

Didn't like the Vortex brake light position, the Sline lug cut option was too expensive.

So I got it painted and fitted for £150 all in, HANSTONS of ALtrincham, great job, good guys, a few Auid buffs there too.

Hope this helps others with what was a good choice in the end!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't quite see the picture, could you make it a tad bigger please :)

LOL, I know mate, I cant quite get the imageshack thing to work..........

Will have another go at editing, tried four times to get them from imageshack in the correct size to the forum, I give up.

Basically its looks just like the Sline one!

Any help on the pics would be greatly appreciated....

Last edited: