1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exhuast note

SubaruSTi Aug 9, 2004

1. SubaruSTi

SubaruSTi New Member

this question is directed mostly to only those with a b5 (why else would you be in this sub-forum though? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ) when you stomp on it, is the exhuast a smooth uproar.. or does it kinda click,click,click... cant really explain it, it sounds a little ricey, but not high pitched. My rear bumper got torn off a while ago denting the exhuast tip, so i bend it back pretty good with a pliers, but i have to wonder if maybe i have a leak somwhere... it doesn't seem like my car is quite as fast or as good sounding ever since the accident. If my exhuast is crapped up.. i might just buy a whole new system, i already would have it if lltek didn't charge 800 bucks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. K212

K212 Member

I think you might be right about the leak, I had a Honda accord and my exhaust pipe had a whole in it. The sound changed and so did the performance.

3. i have a 97 a4 and i've noticed the same sound. i have no idea what it could be. my friends said it could be a leak or an engine valve. let me know what you find. sorry im no help.