Exhuast and remap

HIGGINS

Reaction score
Right i have a few questions please could you help me out :) I currently have a audi a3 2.0tdi 170 s-line quattro:

Should i get exhaust or remap first?
If i get a remap could the exhuast or anything effect it?
Is this the best exhuast fir the car? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-2-0-T...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a7c1bc24

It says 140 but will is it still the best for the 170?
where could i get it bought and fitted and how much?
is that a good price?

please help me out thankyou :)

Remap wont be affected by standard exhaust so you could get that frist no probs

I had a milltek on my tdi and it was great (just sold it on here last week as a matter of fact)

A 140 exhaust will fit a 170 as the pipe diameters are the same

All depends if you want to remove the DPF from the car. Personally if your going to map a PD170 you might as well get rid of the crap DPF as well at the same time and double the extra power you will get from a remap.

All depends if you want to remove the DPF from the car. Personally if your going to map a PD170 you might as well get rid of the crap DPF as well at the same time and double the extra power you will get from a remap.

so is this the perfect exhuast and will it get red of the dpf?

where should i buy and get one fitted?

Plenty of milltek dealers around just check out their website for details, there will be a helpdesk number as well. I had the full system on my 2.0tdi too, it made the car sound much better and the 2.0tdi responds extremely well to a remap.

Remap wont be affected by standard exhaust so you could get that frist no probs

I had a milltek on my tdi and it was great (just sold it on here last week as a matter of fact)

A 140 exhaust will fit a 170 as the pipe diameters are the same

You sure that exhaust will fit as shiggins92 has a quattro and the exhaust is for a standard FWD car.

so is this the perfect exhuast and will it get red of the dpf?

where should i buy and get one fitted?
The exhaust shown will not remove the DPF. Contact P-Torque , Custom Code or some other mapping companies as the DPF delete remap and down pipe is a special piece of kit.

can anyone reccmend a full exhuast and a link please

Looks great i mean 170 to 220/230, 50bhp is quite alot.

1, JBS Downpipe and De-DPF with Custom-Code DPF-OFF Tuning

2, JBS Downpipe with De-DPF and Milltek Cat Back exhaust system with Custom-Code DPF-OFF Tuning

what is the difference between the above and it also says in a few days so next week sometime should i ring my local 'custom-code' dealer and see if they can do it.

after this should i get the remap from REVO?

If you read what is written the second option comes with a Milltek Cat Back exhaust system. Both options come with Custom Code remap. Revo do not do a remap to remove the DPF.

ahh right so if i get option 2 for £800 do you think thats a good deal? for 220-230bhp

as i know a remap gives out 210bhp, so the exhuast ect is giving a extra 10-20bhp?

sorry abot this its just im an absolute noob with Audi haha aint been a owner that long

Last edited:
If you intend fitting a milltek exhaust anyway then yes it is a good deal.