1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhausts TDI

Benji Dec 11, 2008

1. Benji

Benji Member

I currently have TDI. I was hoping there was an exhaust that I can get which will make it sound more sportie. I know the back pressure is a lot less than a petrol. just wanted to know if anyone had any luck with this. And which back box's look good? thanks in advance. :rock:

2. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member VCDS Map User

Milltek do good ones.

There's two versions - the resonated and non-res.

The non-res is a bit louder but not too loud imo.

A mate has it on his golf and sounds sporty and louder than stock when you rev it high without being boyracer-ish or stupid.

On motorways, it was fine though

3. steve184

steve184 Active Member

oh come one! i'm not sure a TDI can ever sound sporty! (unless its a huge V12 or something and then it just sounds like a monster!)

4. kaz219

well..it well never be as good as a petrol but it will sound better than it was :D

5. kaz219

Youtube them :D

6. Boydie

Boydie Guest

I have a non resonated miltek on my A3 and its not that much louder than standard even minus a silencer

It does sound good enough when accelerating though but you can get a customised exhaust made by Powerflow

7. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

I think it gives it ( from the outside) quite a nice noise for a diesel 4 pot.