Exhaust upgrade recommendations

dgannon69

Reaction score
I'm looking at putting a miltek system on my 1.8T. just wanted to know if anyone can recommend a better system and where the cheapest place to get it from is.

I also want the exhaust to have an S3 twin exit pipe but need to alter the rear valance.

Any help and advice much appreciated.

Regards
Dave

I'm after exactly the same, nothing max power just subtle looks. Ideally would like a twin pipe flush to the bumper....not sticking out alot

I've been looking at the miltek. I noticed on the AMD web site that it's available in 2 options - quiet or loud.
Has anyone experienced the difference between the 2 options?
I like the idea of the loud one but dont want it to be to 'Max Power'.

when ever I hear quiet or loud I just pray ppl don`t put the loud on a S3 sort of defeats the object of the S in my mind.

lol, anyone got any pics of what a twin exhaust looks like comin out of a standard bumper. Ive seen some have the exhaust fitted under the bumper but i think it would look better if the bottom of the bumper was modified to wrap round the top of the twin pipes like on the ess

[ QUOTE ]
The quiet one is loud, the loud one is fooking loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or in my case, the quiet one is ****** loud, and the loud would be unbearable!

i got a jetex system on my a3. Not loud at all. Slightly louder then stock but it sounds sweet. Fit is excellent too with no need to cut valance. It is single sided though.

superspint racing system with optional silencer=F**king Loud.

I got a Milltek, and the quiet one is loud!!

Fitted by Eurotek in Croydon, top job and very good price.

You say the quieter miltek is loud - is that even the case if only this section is purchased...

milltek

...as opposed to the full system?

Yes, because thats the bit that makes the noise!!

The big bit is called a silencer, and it's that box which has baffles in it to quieten it down.

I've got my car booked in with MIJ Performance for early FEB. Getting full system done, also sports CATS... or CAT should i say. Also a custom built downpipe.They were working on a GOLF MK4 at the time i went up, luckily i was there in time for when they completed it. Sounded really good, more beefy. Thats what triggered me. It wasnt loud, it just sounded right. Engine sounded more powerful. That was from the downpipe. He was impressed and he must have been thinkin why is the S3 driver smiling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

web: www.mijperformance.com

This is what i've been quoted:

£400 - cat back system *FITTED
£500 - Sports CATS *FITTED
£380 - Custom Dowpipe* FITTED

I was told if i get all 3 done i'll be charged £1200. Which is cheap, especially for what your getting...??

As far as the CATS go i may only be running 1 instead of 2, as the downpipe will be 1 big bore straight off the turbo down and under the car into the single CAT the straight after a silencer and then under the rear axle and into a free-flow box and exit. Was thinking of a baffled box (flat pan shape) but u lose performance as you wait for the chamber to fill up.

Thats the best for performance, but im thinking of a DE-CAT. Oh as for the TAILPIPES I aint picked one from the range im goin for straight cut pipes like the M3 sitting flush and discreet. Make my s3 look RAW!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Oh and even if you dnt want an exhaust you gota pay a visit jus to see the project car Nissan Skyline V-Spec II well thats what it was.... Awesome, i've taken pics i'll post a few up, The engine is crazy, and the waste gate exit custom built and sits just under the front wing near the door. It was all built and put together by them and wooohaa the turbo is jus so BIG, i just wanted to yank it out with my crow bar and bolt it onto my S3 to weigh it down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Well i trust em with my car and i'll see how it goes, i've been guaranteed satisfaction wen i go up for my exhaust... I've never heard my girlfriend say that to me.

Oh and i wanna be the 1st so please let me blow my engine b4 you guys have a try... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

mazzy

3" downpipe, 2.75 inch pipework.

oh and wad u guys think of my tail pipe choice, should i get straight cut pipes as i mentioned above or go for a little brother big brother look like the Porsche style... 2 audi rings without the middle bit?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Go for the staight cut pipes ala 'M3' style Maz, then give me a call (I'm on the same number) so I can have a look and hear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ok jojo,

I think the M3 style will look good not flashy chrome either, just simple straight cut pipes, i woz also thinkig maybe to get them cut at an angle as standard 1's are.

Wat u reckon??

Yep, I think the straight cut simple good quality steel is the best look for most cars.

I really wish there was a way to hear what an exhaust would be like before getting it... guess I'll have to find my way along to a meet with you guys!

[ QUOTE ]
ok jojo,

I think the M3 style will look good not flashy chrome either, just simple straight cut pipes, i woz also thinkig maybe to get them cut at an angle as standard 1's are.

Wat u reckon??

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was my car, I would go for straight cut pipes with the pipe on the inside 5mm longer than the outer one if you know what i mean. I think the angled tips only look good with chrome tailpipes, like the OE S3 pipes, again, just my opinion....

Choice is yours Maz, and did you get a FMIC in the end?

Looking at the MIJ site, Maz, is this the sort of tailpipe you'll be getting?

32z.jpg

not yet... will be soon along with a turbo upgrade etc. I've mentioned it to MIJ Performance. I'm gona get the exhaust done 1st though.

Oh and as for the tailpipes yes the inside 1 to a be a little longer to match the curve of the bumper! i'm gonna be takin pics and stuff and do a little video. U shud b able to hear it then. As for you Jojo ur gona get a visit from me m8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif lol

no man, they're gonna cut sum stainless steel tubing and make it custom man.

Thats the beauty about it, fully custom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Right, well i've got it booked in at the A44 garage in worcs who r famous for their custom systems (well supposidly). I've had a system put on my old polo GT and they did a smashin job.

I can't tell you what they are fitting but i know its from the cat onwards and will have the S3 pipes at the back all for £350. This is because my mum's boyfriends dad works there etc etc.

All i need now is the plastic silver surround which will go onto the bumper where the exhaust is going to pop out as seen as they are having to cut the bumper... Any ideas where i can get this silver/chrome look stuff from?

Cheers
Dave

dgannon69, MIJ Performance will make that for you and rivett it the bumper. The golf had that done. I duno if it may cost a lil more.

Worth a quote m8.