1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EXHAUST TIPS

AudiSport Jul 19, 2008

1. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

Hey guys,

I have the standard 2001 1.8T A4 saloon which I'm very happy with. However, my exhaust tips look so small compared the the 3.0L A4 Convertible I park next to at work every day! What size are his 3.5'' ? Can i change just my tips - and if so where can I buy them/ fit them?

I'm not sure I want to spend the £600 on a Milltek!

2. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

There is stacks of custom exhaust places out there, Id say go along to one of them and ask them for a quote.

There is a place near me that does Powerflow and they charge £25 per tip fitted If I remember rightly, they got dozens of different ones aswell. Alot of the Golf boys have had theirs done around here.

Used to be a lad on my street who got his Audi Cab done a while back and he got both tips for £45 fitted.Cheap if you ask me..You can bargain with them.

3. adcooper

adcooper Audi A6 C6 Avant 3.0tdi Le Mans S-Line

4. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

We've got 2 powerflows here and the other quoted me £475 for exhausts cat back, the one near me did it for £350 so just goes to show, its down to the guys who are running it.

£130 for tips though sounds harsh.
    £115 for Box + tip fitted I was quoted...

5. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Just spoken to the guy on the phone from Powerflow and he said if the backbox has to come off then its £55 - £60 per tip so yeah adcooper yours was probably right then.
    If they can do them on the car then its minus £15 - £20.

6. adcooper

Min was fitted on the car but they said it was a special order as he made them that night as i wanted a certain one???

7. Niknak

Niknak Member

Does anyone know what the part number is to allow 2 tips to show, to fit a 2004 saloon?

8. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

9. adcooper

3 and 1/2 inch mate they do look very OEM, i look back at the original pic's and it looks naf

10. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

Thanks for the info - 3.5'' looks just right!

I can't decide weather to pay £120 to have my tips changed £350 for a custom rear box with bigger tips.

Im worried about the noise from a new box. I had a custom system for my old calibra and that lasted 3-months before I put the standard one back on! The droan at 75-mph drove me round the twist.. You take a real chance that the guy is going to get the sound right.. I would love a deeper note at tick-over and low revs, but I don't want any Saxo rasp if you know what I mean...

???

11. adcooper

Yes mate i just wanted the look no more noise its not that type of car