Exhaust tip help??

jevile90

Reaction score
Hi just bought a 1.4tfsi sport. Questions is, the chrome exhaust tips seen on the s-line and black editions fit my 1.4t??

do you have twin exit ?>
this is my sline pipes
DSC00092.jpg

look for a thred by the engineer he has recently gone from std twin down pipes to the crome tips ( not oem but look good)

hi. Yeah i have twin pipes but just black. i see you can buy the chrome trim to go on them. but was wondering if the chrome trim on the rest of the a3 line will fit.

would think so but not sure on the oem. i have been told their are part numbers but i cant see em.
you may need to do some doctoring on them

Yes, the ones you can buy from Audi should fit your A3 fine - I bought one for my 1.6 Tdi (single exhaust) and a work colleague fitted 2 to her 1.4tfsi Sport (10 plate). Pretty sure the diameters of the exhaust tips are all the same size.

The one I bought looks identical to the one in Nally's picture. I'll try and dig out the invoice for the part number.

Edit: part number is 8P0071771

Last edited:
Yes, the ones you can buy from Audi should fit your A3 fine - I bought one for my 1.6 Tdi (single exhaust) and a work colleague fitted 2 to her 1.4tfsi Sport (10 plate). Pretty sure the diameters of the exhaust tips are all the same size.

The one I bought looks identical to the one in Nally's picture. I'll try and dig out the invoice for the part number.

Edit: part number is 8P0071771

Thanks for that. Will order some from the stealers! Much appreciated!!
Jonny

just found a site that sells them, OEMVag. Anyone used them before? £31.80 for one tip! lol. am i better of going to the dealers??

It was just under £30 from Audi, but that was over a year ago - luckily I only needed one! The other advantage of getting them from your dealer is that they would be able to confirm that is the right part and that they would fit.

Cheers pjr. Cars not actually here until the end of the month. So gonna pop in to the dealers to see if they can fit the exhaust trim on for me before i collect it.

i see you can buy the chrome trim to go on them

Just had one of these delivered and whilst it is a perfect fit, it is a flat cut on the end, not the slight chamfer on the original pipe. It looks ok, but would prefer OEM (but not for £30 !!!)

Powerflow is the answer, reasonable quotes, quality tips and quilty labour. Wouldnt look past them personally