1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exhaust sound clips???

chrisa4quat Apr 26, 2011

1. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Active Member

As above has anyone got any sound clips from 2.0T exhaust. Also could you list mods if poss.

Thanks

2. solaris

solaris Member

If you search "A4 exhaust" in youtube you'll come accross sound clips for APR AWE Milltek etc

3. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

solaris - what's your mods to get to that power?

4. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Active Member

i was looking at yours razza thinking the same but wow solaris. mines standard apart from panel filter and cat back. needs to be quicker my 330i made this look slow :-(

5. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Full miltek turbo back exhaust and Apr stage 2 Remap is what's driving mine:yum:

6. solaris

solaris Member

Milltek cat back with VMR test pipe
    ITG panel filter
    KMD HPFP
    Custom Code stage 2 + custom map

I tried maps from Revo and APR and found that they spike too early and fall off after 4000rpm, my car was mapped so it provides linear progressive power all the way through the rpm range.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  7. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

What's the kmd thing?

8. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

Having looked through most of the clips, the Magnaflow cb seems to sound the best imo.

9. Sam W

Sam W Member

HPFP = High pressure fuel pump Razza :happy:

Necessary to get more power from the 2.0t lump, often combined with S3 injectors.

10. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

ah, thanks, how can you tell if you've got an uprated one? I bought my car already mapped..

11. solaris

solaris Member

You would need to speak to the chaps who mapped your car and verify if it's a "Stage 2" or "Stage 2+" the latter would have incorporated an uprated HPFP.

12. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

will try, but think the number plate may have changed since then..

13. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

happy days :) has an APR HPFP and had a stage 2+ remap :)

Had a K&N panel filter in but looks like that's been converted back to stock, might need to get a panel filter stuck in then...any recommendations?

14. Sam W

Sam W Member

Makes sense, to get over around 240-250 mark on the standard pump is difficult to say the least :p

As for filters, how about a carbonio, you know you want to :drool:

On a side note it looks like you find more and more out about your car every day lol!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  15. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

not sure I have the money for the carbonio, although don't know much about them to be honest, may have to google it...

Crewe Audi didn't seem to have clue about what spec it was or what was done to it to be honest. Spoke to Awesome GTI earlier and they did all the power mod work in 2009. Been a few nice surprises lol (and some bad ones over the past few months, but at least those issues are sorted now and didn't cost me anything). Now left with a very highly spec'd Spec edition, with a load of aftermarket mods, not scrimped on, so very happy with the car :)

Now where's that RS4 ARB...(oh and I better pull my finger out and fit the cupra splitter sometime soon...)

16. Sam W

Sam W Member

screenwash and battery covers while you're at it and polish your miltek :laugh:

Shame Awesome have stopped using APR stuff, otherwise I'd have paid them a visit lol.

17. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

already got those (took them off my old car before part ex'ing it), but yes should get the polish out...

18. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

hmm, carbanio seems a little pricey at the moment, damn the house extension...

19. Marrow

Marrow Member

I have a BSR very nice design and fit is perfect alittle cheaper than carbonio.The noise is great it was about £200 if remeber right.

Sounds like you have sweet car any pics to share with us ?

20. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

searach for one of my earlier posts, title something like wow just picked up a quattro...some pics in there, need to add ones with the spacers on as visually makes a massive difference

21. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

any links?

22. Marrow

Marrow Member

23. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member