1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust sleeve?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by audi_a3_turbo, Nov 19, 2009.

1. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

[Nov 19, 2009]
    thought I had a hole in my exhaust so I took it to rapid fit. They told me that the connector sleeve is f**ked but they dont stock them. Do you know anywhere that I can but one from? has anyone else had this problem?
    thanks rob
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Well-Known Member Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Nov 19, 2009]
    Audi? Apparently the flex-hose in/on my exhaust has loosened so there's a tick when I'm on boost. The garage I took it to said only Audi did replacements, otherwise I'd have to replace most of the exhaust.
  4. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

[Nov 19, 2009]
    yeah because I was told by kwick fit that it was going to cost me £591 for a new exhaust!!! So i took it to rapid fit who said it was a sleeve i needed. Do you know how much audi charge for this?
    thanks
  5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Nov 19, 2009]
    I can't imagine it's that expensive. Its a rolled sleeve, don't forget the clamps and the bolts too. I also see no reason why they couldn't just sleeve it with some generic pipe and some clamps.. Muppets

The flexi is part of the downpipe so replacement means welding in, a flexi is around £20 to buy and whatever they charge to cut and weld it in
  6. MartayMcFly

[Nov 19, 2009]
    No, haven't found the time (or really remembered) to find out. I'm tempted to leave it until next year when I uprate the exhaust and intake, and just put up with it until then. Apparently it's a real b*****d to get access to and replace too.
  7. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

[Nov 19, 2009]
    okay thanks. Will this hole be effecting my performance?
  8. MartayMcFly

[Nov 19, 2009]
    Mine didn't show anything in VAGCOM, but yours might be different. I never take my car far past 3k revs now though, just to avoid the stupid tick, so it affects performance in that way.
  9. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Nov 19, 2009]
    TBH you could remove the exhaust and VAGcom would have no idea it was missing.

A blowing exhaust can affect performance as a car is tuned to have a certain amout of back pressure to help in the driveability/torque