EXHAUST OPTIONS DUE TO DIRTY BACK OF CAR

tdi-man

Reaction score
hi getting fed up of cleaning to back of me car lol so after some options on what to do with exhaust.

extend the outlets ?

fit down sweeps ?

[

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 179
I'd extend it so it's just outside the valance, this should reduce it.

Reactions: tdi-man
Drive faster so the fumes come out at an accelerated rate.

Reactions: shadow1993, Sayam, Rideen and 1 other person
IMG 2675
had extended so will see how that goes

Unfortunately I don't feel it'll make a difference as you're driving a derv (and potentially a poor smokey map)...

You could get the map tweaked, or drive with a lighter foot (and that sucks!!)

yes I was thinking that .

Turbos coming of in 2 weeks to be cleaned and checked then thinking of putting some new injectors as there maxed out then another map .

If that's extended you will still have a dirty bootlid. Need to come out a lot further depending on how fast you are going but I would guess another 8 to 10 feet should do it. The problem is not with the exhaust but the low pressure area created behind the car due to its aerodynamics.
I would think that an after market spoiler from halfords or similar would do the trick, after all Audi have only spent a few million developing the design, maybe they forgot to address this.
If you decide to opt for extending the exhaust you need to be aware that n 8 to 10 foot exhaust extension may attract the wrong attention from the boys in blue.
For me the best option would be an open header under the bonnet, but again the fuzz may disagree lol

Exhaust caps....just like on lorry exhausts.......

My S3 has the factory spoiler, still gets dirty. Its not even exh most of the time just dust, muddy road water etc from the low pressure area.