1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust manifold

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Plunky, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Plunky

Plunky Member

[Feb 6, 2010]
    Hi, Today i changed my standard turbo for the k03s upgrade. all seems to have gone well apart from the exhaust manifold. While changing the turbo i decided to upgrade my manifold to a THS high flow manifold. I have changed all the parts and put everything back together etc. however, the manifold is blowing really badly! it sounds like a tank! I have tightened the bolts on the manifold but its still not making much difference i have also noticed i missed a nut out which goes on just above the water/oil feeds on the top of the turbo. this seems impossible to get a nut on! has anybody got any tips on how to get the nuts as tight as they need to be? or could somebody lend me a hand with some power tools!

cheers

Liam
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Feb 6, 2010]
    if its blowing you have'nt got one or other of the flange faces clamped up tight or the gasket is'nt sat in there right

THS manifold s a kok to fit
  4. Plunky

Plunky Member

[Feb 6, 2010]
    yeah it is a pain where its bigger!
    started loosing my patience with it so will have to leave it til the morning now!
    any tips on fitting the nut which is hidden between the turbo and manifold, just above the oil/water banjos?
  5. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

[Feb 6, 2010]
    if you've missed a nut mate it's pretty obvious why it's blowing!

surely if you got the old mani off you undid the nut. You've just gotta try and get it on.
  6. Plunky

Plunky Member

[Feb 7, 2010]
    Yeah i know nick but it was really bad! have just put the old one back on for now and will take it to a friend who has a garage, to fit it for me!