exhaust manifold?

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
my exhast manifold has a crack and leaks a bit now. is it worth putting on an aftermarket manifold or just stick with stock? its a 1.8t quattro sport running about 210bhp and uses a k03s. i would have thought it wont be worth getting an aftermarket one unless going for much more power but anybody have some info?

someone here got an aftermarket one for the Ko3s.
looked good, wider runners and less restrictive around the merge collector right under the turbo inlet.
as you are mapped already it may be worth it. unlikely to free up too much as the restriction is the turbo itself, but anything that reduces restriction of flow at the higher end is going to help.
Don't think it was too pricey but can't remember who had it sorry

I have a clone 034 one, an absolute 'mare to fit but is deffo larger etc
I got mine from Ebay .com for around $99 plus ost iirc, will have to dig the link out of paypal as ebay only holds details for 90 days

100_2311.jpg

100_2313.jpg

100_2310.jpg

It moves the power band so you get a better mid and top end but a little more lag bottom from what people have posted so more of a K04 upgrade I would have thought.

for me yes, and it's exactly as the Doc says, but as i am running a hybrid it comes in quite early anyway TBH

hmm. i like how it comes in good mid range just now anyway. ill prob just stay stock i think.

ill have a look and see how cheap i can get one. i would like to put a bigger turbo on there one day but doubt it will happen.

keep an eye on ebay, I sold mine there for £12!