1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust manifold for a 91 Mk2 1.3 Golf

Discussion in 'Volkswagen and other VAG' started by <tuffty/>, Nov 14, 2010.

1. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

Does anyone know what other VW/VAG cars shared this engine as the exhaust mani on my little Mk2 runabout is badly corroded and blowing so other than sourcing a new one or replacing the engine with something else (yes, this is a consideration) I would at least for the time being like to keep the lowly 1.3 going for a bit longer...

Guessing the Polo would have this engine but my Mk2 is pretty much the last of line and I am not familiar with what was about around that time.... Its a multipoint injection model too and has twin downpipes rather than the single I have seen on carb models..

Ta

<tuffty/>
  2. Yappy

Yappy A4 b6 TDI V6 Quattro Sport

How bad is the manifold mate a good metal worker will be able to weld it for you with cast iron welding rods I could do it but no idea where your from
  3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

Thanks mate but its pretty bad tbh... not sure how much metal is left... its a pinhole blow but the surrounding metal looks thin... I will have word with the guy I help out from time to time and see what he thinks... he may be able to have a go at it but still on the look out for a replacement just in case...

<tuffty/>
  4. Yappy

Yappy A4 b6 TDI V6 Quattro Sport

eBay then mate that will be the best place I'm sure it should be the same as a 1.3 polo but I don't no for sure dude hope ya get it sorted