1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust Help

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by nemo2182, Mar 20, 2010.

1. nemo2182

nemo2182 Lord wont u buy me a V10 R8!

I posted a Thread a few weeks ago regarding exhaust systems for S4's.

I was looking at the milltek option, but fully spec'd (manifold back) will cost near 2k.

So, I was looking into cheaper options, as I think the milltek is bit overpriced. Now i think im going to get rid of all CATS (I know this is MOT failure, but I have someone who will MOT it), so that will be cheaper, as milltek Sport CATS cost a fortune, plus extra bhp.

Now the problem is the way to do this.......

1.) Can I mount 'decat' pipes to a CAT back Milltek?

2.) Has anyone had a custom system made by someone like these guys

http://www.mijexhaust.com

3.) Are the Ebay systems pants? first one is exhaust system, second is manifold

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-S4-2-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c0f88cc30

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A6-S4-2-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27aa3333bb

I hate to go on, but my head is spinning with what to go for.......

Nathan
  2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I am sure the ebay ones are highly respected on SRS. They are a pretty good fit and sound awesome.

I will be fitting the tail end of one on my TQS one day when i get around to making a stainless DP to mate to it, probably when someone "upgrades" and sells me theirs used for a steal
  3. nemo2182

I dont want to cheap out, but 2 grand is a lot for an exhaust. If I spec'd the ebay with manifold it would even be 1k with fitting. I also like the idea of custom, becuase a lot of them offer lifetime guarantee, so least there is something to fall back on if it breaks, please I could have a different tail pipe to the 'boring' twin. Ebay one doesnt say anythi ng about a guarantee, but then thats why there cheaper I guess. My CATS have started to rattle, so I thought I might as well just change the whole lot while its in, then engine will only need dropping once.
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

the XS power systems and downpipes are alright, but i would leave the manifolds well alone.

Its probably an engine out job to change them anyway.
  5. nemo2182

Probably best I leave them, specially if im debating a couple of K04 Hybrids anyway ;o)........
  6. Broken Byzan

I would just make sure you use the facelift ex manis as the prefacelift ones tend to break up inside and take out the EGT sensors, decatted Piggies, some sports cats and an ebay or custom system
  7. nemo2182

Mine is a facelift model anyway. Im not having any CATS, so I would like to get the ebay downpipes + Decats (both piggies + CATS) then bolt a milltek on the end of them, or just get custom unit from manifold back, so it all marrys up nicely....
  8. aragorn

Tbh no cat isnt worth the hassle, yes you might be able to get yourself a dodgy MOT, but you could still be stopped by VOSA and tested at the road side. Sports Cats are only about £100 each.
  9. nemo2182

10. aragorn

well ye, they're direct fit ones.

I just mean a generic sport cat. Take a look on ebay.

I'd do the piggy mod and get the exhaust place to swap the main cats out for a pair of 200cell sport cats, then get your local friendly fabricator to sort the rest of the system
  11. nemo2182

Ive just emailed for quote for the full thing (manifold back), Ill let you know the price......
  12. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

Has anyone ever had a spot check on their emissions?

I have only ever seen them in supermarkets where you volunteer to get your emissions checked. I have had no cat in my car for 6 years.
  13. aragorn

I was spot checked in my old nova, it had no cat fitted, but was a 1990 model anyway so didnt need one. They still tested it though.

I seriously wouldnt be fitting those manifolds. Stainless pipes like that are prone to cracking, and when its a grands worth of engine pull to rectify WHEN the crack, its just not worth it.
  14. AndyC

AndyC Moderator Staff Member Moderator

ProSpeed Exhausts in Cardif

Charlie is the single best exhaust fabricator I have ever used...... and his prices are excellent

I wouldnt mind a group buy for Audi systems

He is doing Twin 3" downpipes and 3" system for me very soon

contact me for more info

info@ktrsport.com (my work one)

andy
  15. AndyC

I think we would be looking at £1100 for the whole lot inc fitting etc

Sports cats would be extra, circa £200 each iirc
  16. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

3" cat back system on a 1.8tqs would be nice
  17. AndyC

ok can be done. He made me a 3" system on an S3 for me a couple of years back... was really impressive
  18. Broken Byzan

A 3 inch system is very do able. I have a 3 inch Dp and mid section, the only reason i dont have 3 inch through was because i chose to mate it to an OEM S4 system as i "aquired" it cheaply
  19. andybnwc

andybnwc Member

Ebay manis are rubbish,downpipes look nice but piggies do the same job,cat back is good even with no cats the ebay cat back is quiet with centre and rear mufflers intact.
  20. nemo2182

Gentleman,

I had this waiting for me this morning, what do ya think????

The dual exit cat-back stainless steel exhaust system (mid & rearsection with X-Pipe) you've requested for your Audi S4 will cost £444.99 this is fully inclusive of fuel discount (£25), vat & fitting. I've included round tailpipes in the quotation, you can choose an alternative or upgrade (various twin tailpipes etc.) from our extensive range of 40 tailpipes if you wish. The downpipes will cost an additional £280.00 all inclusive. I can offer you high flow sports cats for only £360.00 fitted.

We carry all the necessary parts needed to build your exhaust system instore, so it should take no longer than 7 - 8 hrs to build & fit the system.
    If you choose to wait with your car, we have a customer lounge with refreshments, SKY TV/DVD & internet access. We're only a few minutes walk from the city centre if you decide to go shopping etc. while we work on your car.

As your system will be custom built, you can tell us how you would like it sound, anywhere from quiet to full sport. Our most popular choice is a Mid-Sport, this gives the best of both worlds, not intrusive but achieves the sporty sound you want from your car upon applying the throttle.

View some of the work we have done on your make/model, www.mijperformance.com/exhaust.html - This should give you an idea of our quality of work & also help
    you to decide what type of style & look your after.

If you do have any further queries with the details I've provided or you would like to go ahead and make a booking, then please call me on 01922 645 646 or reply back by email.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Jay
    MIJ Performance