1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust Help!!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by simondavidr, Apr 8, 2004.

1. simondavidr

simondavidr Member

[Apr 8, 2004]
    The cat has died on my standard exhaust and i am looking to replace it cat back can anyone recommend a system that sounds sweet on the 1.8 T engine?? My other worry was buying an aftermarket exhaust and having to cut the rear bumber as i have no cut-out at present - is this a problem?? does it need to be cut??

I would like a sweet sounding exhaust i don't want something that resmebles a bazooka and shakes glass out of windows!!!

Cheers guys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. richy

richy Member

[Apr 8, 2004]
    yes it will need cutting.. see if u can get hold of an S3 trim for the back bumper... i know u could wiht the golf but not 100% on the S3...

4. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 8, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    BIGT said:
    The cat has died on my standard exhaust and i am looking to replace it cat back can anyone recommend a system that sounds sweet on the 1.8 T engine?? My other worry was buying an aftermarket exhaust and having to cut the rear bumber as i have no cut-out at present - is this a problem?? does it need to be cut??

I would like a sweet sounding exhaust i don't want something that resmebles a bazooka and shakes glass out of windows!!!

Cheers guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,
    Speak to Milltek, tell them Rich @ JBR Performance told you to give them a call. They have recently done a new exhaust for the A3 1.8T which sits under the bumper. They designed it on my car so i know it exists /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

see www.richbroadfield.f2s.com for some pics.

This can be used with a sports cat also from milltek which should free things up a little, and will csot about £750 for the lot. The system alon will be around £270+vat.

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  5. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Apr 8, 2004]
    I'll go with Rich on the Miltek front, as all of the examples I've heard, the last being on an R32 sounded really sweet and in keeping with the understated Audi/VW styling (OK maybe not so applicable to the R32...).

However I don't like the exhaust sticking out under the bumper, but that's just my own preference.

You say the CAT has died, but you're looking for a CAT back system /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Which doesn't help you dead CAT fella, just replaces the pipes after the CAT..... So you'll either need a full system or a new downpipe including CAT from Audi/OEM parts supplier....me thinks.

And for me I'd just chuck the CAT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif