Exhaust Help??? and other tuning issues

RobMac1985

Reaction score
Ruislip (Middlesex) & Longbridge (Birmingham)
Hi Guys

Just a small question..... Having seen on ebay an original exhaust off an S3 8L, it had no centre box.
Would this make any difference to sound and performance?

Also having just fitted a Jetex Cone and Heat shield, someone told me you can buy an extender for the cone to fix onto this moving the filter closer to the wing of the car.
Does anyone know where I can buy one from, and size and how much etc??

Having spoken to R-Tech during the week, I asked what figures i would be looking at for a Stage 1 Remap. They told me about 240bhp.
Is this correct? Said i need to buy a badger tip to get a bigger gain. Im running 225Bhp standard.

Many thanks
Really appreciate any help and if anyone has any parts for sale please let me know.

Rob

Hi Rob, the S3 MAF would need a silicone coupler 80mm wide and depending on the lip on your cone filter you need something to suit such as this: 80mm SILICONE HOSE STRAIGHT COUPLER siliconhoses.com | eBay

Have a look and decide what length you want, the Jetex cone is a big old beast so its worth measuring up before you order anything.

As for the badger tip it does exactly what is claimed and I'm one of many happy customers. I'm actually considering having my remap tweaked as the car definitely seems much more lively since it was fitted!

Dude, don't even think about wasting your money on a cheap imitation item. I previously had a forge TIP which is obviously better than standard but the Badger TIP takes it to the next level...

Can't help you with the exhaust question, best to stay standard unless your changing the whole system, downpipe cat etc...